[Blues-l] Benefit for Rudy Richard in Baton Rouge

Alan Lloyd alan.lloyd.3@gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:31:26 EDT 2014

Sorry to hear about Rudy.
I saw him perform at Teddy's in Zachary four of five years ago and I hope
the benefit is a great success.
Alan Lloyd
London England.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues-l [mailto:blues-l-bounces@blues-l.com] On Behalf Of Jef Jaisun
via Blues-l
Sent: 08 September 2014 15:29
To: Blues-l
Subject: [Blues-l] Benefit for Rudy Richard in Baton Rouge

>From Baton Rouge Blues Society:

> From: BR Blues <brbsoc@gmail.com>
> Subject: Benefit for Rudy Richard
>
> Benefit for Legendary Mr. Rudy Richard is happening at Phil Brady's Bar &
Grill, Sept. 14, 2014, Baton Rouge, LA

> Larry Garner reports Rudy Richard is in poor health and a fund raiser will
be held at Phil Brady's Bar & Grill, 4848 Government St , Baton Rouge , LA ,
from 4:00P to 8:00P and the cover is $7.00. All proceeds and donations will
be going to Rudy. The musicians performing and honoring Rudy Richard so far
include Larry Garner, Floyd Patterson from OMT, Kenny Neal, Br...yan Romano,
Jim George's drums, Warren Lee, Miguel Hernandez bass rig, The Lil Ray Neal
Band, Sam Joyner keys, Kenny Acosta, Chris Leblanc, Chris Alexander, Lil
Buck Senegal, John Daniel sax and more to come. This will be a great music
event and a great way to honor a musician who has been treating the fans to
incredible guitar playing for so many years.

> Legendary Rudy Richard is well known for playing with Slim Harpo and his
guitar licks appear on all of the Slim Harpo recordings, including "Rainin'
in My Heart," "The Best of Slim Harpo," "Slim Harpo Knew the Blues," and
"Blues Hangover." The success of those recordings and Harpo's reputation
took the band on the road (and today, Harpo's songs have been covered by the
Rolling Stones, the Kinks and others).

> After Slim Harpo passed in 1970 he joined Rafael Neal's band. He later
joined Major Handy's Zydeco-Blues Band. Over the years he has played with
the best in blues including Buddy Guy, Larry Garner & Kenny Neal just to
name a few. Rudy Richard also has been playing with his own band, Rudy
Richard and the Zydeco Express.

https://www.facebook.com/BluesmanGarner?fref=ts