[Blues-l] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues, 9.27.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 01:32:45 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

9.27.14, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood / Lockwood's Boogie / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Linsey Alexander / Little Bit of Soap / Come Back Baby (Delmark)

2. Mississippi Heat / Too Sad to Wipe My Tears / Warning Shot (Delmark)

3. Doctor Clayton / Ain't No Business We Can Do / Need a Shot: The
Essential Recordings of Urban Blues (Indigo)

4. Otis Clay / Even When I Win (Seems Like I Lose) / Truth Is: Putting Love
Back into the Music (Echo)

5. Booba Barnes / Louise / Chicago's Best West and South Side Blues
Singers, Vol. 1 (Wolf)

6. Carey Bell / Carey Bell Rocks / Heartaches and Pain (Alligator)

7. Earl Hooker / Swingin' at Theresa's / Moon Is Rising (Arhoolie)

8. Kokomo Arnold (w/Roosevelt Sykes) / The Honey Dripper / Kokomo Arnold:
The Essential (Classic Blues)

9. James Cotton, Paul Butterfield, and Elvin Bishop / Diggin' My Potatoes /
Rare Chicago Blues: 1962-68 (Bullseye)

10. Magic Slim / Scufflin' / Scufflin' (Blind Pig)

11. Lurrie Bell / Smokin' Dynamite / Buddy Guy and Friends, Vol. 1 (St.
Clair)

12. Magic Sam / You Belong to Me / Give Me Time (Delmark)

13. Charlie Musselwhite (w/Mavis Staples) / Sad and Beautiful World / The
Well (Alligator)

Messin' with the Blues

9.27.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer / Stop Time Boogie / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Dee Alexander / Now or Never / Songs My Mother Loves (Blujazz)

2. The Knickerbocker All-Stars / Turn on Your Love Light / Open Mic at the
Knick (JP Cadillac)

3. Gene Harris and Jack McDuff / J&G Blues / Down Home Blues (Concord Jazz)

4. Marcia Ball / The Tattooed Lady and the Alligator Man / The Tattooed
Lady and the Alligator Man (Alligator)

5. Ann Rabson / He's Got Me Goin' / Music Makin' Mama (Alligator)

6. Tim Gartland / Staxed / Looking into the Sun (Taste Good Music)

7. Mr. B / Rockin' with Red / Joybox (Megawave)

8. Phillip Walker / Crazy Girl / Bottom of the Top (HighTone)

9. The Chris O'Leary Band / Trouble / Live at Blues Now! (VizzTone)

10. Ernie Andrews (w/Houston Person) / When They Ask about You / No Regrets
(Muse)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60201

"Each note should have a soul of its own."--Hank Jones