[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20140914

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Mon Sep 15 00:50:58 EDT 2014

Here's this week's playlist for Cha Cha Cha In Blue, Montreal's longest running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20140914 show from the archives at www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO

RECENT STUFF I LIKE
The Nighthawks/444/Livin' The Blues/EllerSoul
Mike Goudreau/T.G.I.F./Blue Note Shuffle/Indie
Berdon Kirksaether & The Twang Bar Kings/Latenighters Under A Full Moon/Pitstop By The River/Roller Records
ID - Janiva Magness
Janiva Magness/Original/Twice As Strong/Fathead Records
The Jimmys/Gimme The Jimmys/She Don't Love Me/Brown Cow Productions
Jordan Officer/I'm Free/I'm Free/Distribution Select
Wicked Grin/Shame On Me/Outta Time Train/Indie

A COOL COVER & THE CLASSIC ORIGINAL
Rick Estrin & The Nightcats/You Asked For It … Live!/Clothes Line/Alligator
The Coasters/75 R&B Classics/Shopping For Clothes/La Bambolina s.a.s.

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
Ray Bonneville/Easy Gone/Where Has My Easy Gone/Red House Records
Ad Track 43
ID - Roger "Hurricane" Wilson
John Hiatt/Terms Of My Surrender/Baby's Gonna Kick/New West Records
Dave "Hurricane" Hoerl/Un-Twisted/Snake Charmer/Full Swing Records
Ad Track 16
ID - Sue Foley
Fo' Reel/Heavy Water/What's Going On In My Home/Indie

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & NOTABLE EVENTS:
Barbecue Bob/Roots N' Blues: The Retrospective/Blind Pig Blues/Columbia
Bill "Jazz" Gillum/Roots N' Blues: The Retrospective/Poor Boy Blues/Columbia
Meade Lux Lewis/Picking The Blues: Boogie Woogie Pioneers/Six Wheel Chaser/Document
"Ma" Rainey With Her Georgia Band/Blues Masters Vol. 11: Classic Blues Women/Yonder Come The Blues/Rhino
Charles Brown/Livin' The Blues/Trouble Blues/Direct Source Special Products
Johnny Adams/Man Of My Word/Going Out Of My Mind Sale/Rounder Records
Maria Muldaur/Meet Me Where They Play The Blues/He Don't Have The Blues Anymore (For Johnny Adams & Charles Brown)/Telarc
Baby Face Willette/Stop And Listen/Worksong/Blue Note
Robert Nighthawk/Black Angel Blues/Sweet Black Angel/Charly
B.B. King/Great Moments With B.B. King/Paying the Cost To Be The Boss/MCA

APPEARING LIVE SATURDAY SEPT 20 at 21h @ M-Montreal 1245 rue Saint-André Montreal
Bharath & His Rhythm Four/Tsunami/Keep Your Hand Outta My Pocket/Indie

APPEARING LIVE THURS SEPT 18 @ UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay, 514.931.6808 http://upstairsjazz.com/
Stephen Barry Band/The Gold Record/Shake "Em On Down/Disques Bros

APPEARING LIVE FRIDAY SEPT 19 @ HOUSE OF JAZZ 1639 Boul. de l’Avenir, Laval
Carolyn Fe Blues Collective/Bad Taboo/Whole Lotsa Trouble/Indie

MONTREAL LISTINGS! CKUT is now publishing Montreal listings of Music, Arts & Culture, and Community Events. Help us out by submitting your event to listings@ckut.ca
Want me to include your Montreal-area blues/roots gig in my show? Send me the info at ckutblue@colba.net or invite me at www.facebook.com/chachachainblue.ckut

John Detcheverry
ckutblue@colba.net