[Blues-l] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues, 9.6.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 03:50:28 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Previewing a number of upcoming shows in Chicago

Chicago Bound

9.6.14, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood / Lockwood's Boogie / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Elvin Bishop / No More Doggin' / Can't Even Do Wrong Right (Alligator)

2. Elvin Bishop and Little Smokey Smothers / Annie Mae / That's My Partner!
(Alligator)

3. Syl Johnson / I Like Your Style / Back in the Game (Delmark)

4. Rob Stone / It's Easy When You Know How / Gotta Keep Rollin' (Vizztone)

5. Fleetwood Mac (w/Big Walter Horton) / Last Night / Fleetwood Mac: The
Blues Years (3-CD set) (Castle)

6. Aron Burton / Found My Baby Gone / Aron Burton Live (Earwig)

7. Albert Ammons / St. Louis Blues / Blues and Boogie Woogie King:
1936-1947 (EPM Musique)

8. Carey Bell and Tough Luck / St. Louis Blues / Mellow Down Easy (Blind
Pig)

9. Floyd McDaniel and the Blues Swingers / St. Louis Blues / Let Your Hair
Down (Delmark)

10. Barrelhouse Chuck / On the House / Salute to Sunnyland Slim (Blue Loon)

11. John and Sylvia Embry / Razor Sharp / Troubles (Delmark)

Messin' with the Blues

9.6.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer / Stop Time Boogie / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Sean Costello / You're Killing My Love / Moanin' for Molasses (Landslide)

2. Jody Williams / Moanin' for Molasses / Return of a Legend (Evidence)

3. Sean Costello / Good Advice / Moanin' for Molasses (Landslide)

4. Jimmy Burns Band / Reach for the Sky / Stuck in the Middle (VelRone)

5. Tad Weed / Gene's Walkin' Upstairs / A Tribute to Gene Harris (Tad Weed)

6. Barbara Morrison / Black Eyed Blues / I Love You, Yes I Do (Savant)

7. Matt Schofield / Djam / Siftin' Thru Ashes (Nugene)

8. Maceo Parker / Shake Everything You've Got / Life on Planet Groove
(Verve)

9. Janiva Magness / Dirty Water / Stronger for It (Alligator)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60201

"Each note should have a soul of its own."--Hank Jones