[Blues-l] WDCB Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues 8.30.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 02:30:36 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

8.30.14, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood / Lockwood's Boogie / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Jimmy Burns / Shake Your Boogie / Leaving Here Walking (Delmark)

2. Artie "Blues Boy" White / Man of the House / A Celebration of Blues:
Great Singers, Vol. 3 (St. Clair Entertainment)

3. Howlin' Wolf / Rollin' and Tumblin' (acoustic fragment) / Ain't Gonna Be
Your Dog (Chess)

4. Mighty Joe Young / Hard Times (Follow Me) / The USA Records Blues Story
(Fuel 2000)

5. A.C. Reed and the Spark Plugs / Hard Times / Living Chicago Blues, Vol.
3 (Alligator)

6. Willie Wright and His Sparklers / Hard Times / Welcome to the Club (Ace)

7. Earl Hooker / Swear to Tell the Truth / The Age/Chief Blues Story (Fuel
2000)

8. Andrew Brown / I Got News for You / Living Chicago Blues Vol. 4
(Alligator)

9. Big Joe Williams / Midnight Creep / I Got Wild (Delmark)

10. Eddie Clearwater / Let's Jam / Chicago Blues Nights, Vol. 2 (Storyville)

11. Gloria Shannon / Baby, Won't You Please Come Home / Mojo Mamas (Blue
Chicago)

12. Eddie Boyd / Nothing but Trouble / Chess Blues Piano Greats (MCA)

13. Alfred "Blues King" Harris / Miss Ida (alt. take) / This Is the Blues
Harmonica, Vol. 2 (Delmark)

14. The Aces / Got My Mojo Working / Chicago Blues Festival, Vol. 1:
1969-1971 (Black and Blue)

15. Big Walter Horton / Christine / Inspiration: 22 Harmonica Performances
(Sunnyside)

Messin' with the Blues

8.30.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer / Stop Time Boogie / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Bruce Katz / Crew of Two / Live! At the Firefly (Brown Dog )

2. Ivan Appelrouth / Blues a la King / Blue and Instrumental! (EllerSoul)

3. Arthur Migliazza / Suitcase Blues / Laying It Down (Hobemian)

4. Lightnin' Hopkins / Automobile / All the Classics: 1946-1951 (JSP)

5. Bessie Smith / I'm Wild about That Thing / It's All about the Blues (AAO
Music)

6. Phillip Walker / Gonna Stick to You Baby / From L.A. to L.A. (Rounder)

7. John Jackson / John Jackson Breakdown / American Folk Blues Festival:
1969 (L & R Music)

8. Nina Simone / Blues for Mama / Nina Simone Sings the Blues (RCA/Legacy)

9. Jimmy Smith / Blues after All / Retrospective (Blue Note)

10. Kenny Burrell / Saturday Night Blues / Midnight Blue (Blue Note)

11. The 4 Jacks / Painkiller / Deal with It (EllerSoul)

12. Mose Allison / Back Country Suite: Blues / Back Country Suite (Rhino)

13. Illinois Jacquet / Just a-Sittin' and a-Rockin' / The Illinois Jacquet
Story (Proper)

14. Kenny "Blues Boss" Wayne / Going Down South / 88th and Jump Street
(Electro-Fi)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60201

"Each note should have a soul of its own."--Hank Jones