[Blues-l] Long Long Walks

Jonny Meister meisterblues@gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 05:53:50 EDT 2014

Some good ones here, though I'm particularly interested in long, long
walks, not just songs that mention walking or have it in the title,
and especially ones that actually name places.

For some reason, I blanked out and forgot to mention one of my faves
in the original note, Blind Lemon Jefferson "Long Lonesome Blues" ("I
walked from Dallas, I walked to Witchita Falls" which is about 140
miles), and that was the first country blues hit. So, long walks have
been around in blues songs for a while, which also leads to the
question of how many long walks like that were actually undertaken!