[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/29/14

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 19:23:15 EST 2014

My Show # 754.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 1 of a listen to recordings from albums released in 2014.  Also, a farewell to Ms Mickey Champion.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
programmer/host of The Blues Cafe'
WWSP CAC105
UWSP  Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54455

715 346 2696
online at 90fm.org

11/29/2014
Chess 1895
Muddy Waters /The Same Thing /His Best '56-'64 /Chess
Muddy Waters /You Can't Lose What You Ain't Never Had /His Best '56-'64 /Chess

Farewell to Mickey Champion 4/9/25 - 11/24/14
duet wi. Jimmy Witherspoon /There Ain't Nothin' Better /Urban Blues Singing Legend vC /JSP
Mickey Champion /Bam a Lam /Tiny Topsy and Friends /Rockin' Rhythm
Mickey Champion /My Little Boy Blue /What You Want /Tondef
Mickey Champion /I'm a Woman /What You Want /Tondef
wi. The Mannish Boys /The Eagle is Back /"That Represent Man" /Delta Groove

Saturday Blue Plate Special   part 1 Blue Review 2014
Chicago Style
Detroit Jr. /Key to the Highway /60 Years of the Blues Delmark
Billy Branch /Function at the Junction /Blues Shock /Blind Pig
Johnny Drummer /Ain't No Secret in a Small Town /Bad Attitude /Earwig
Rob Stone /Cold Winter Day /Gotta Keep Rollin' /Vizztone
Bob Stroger, Kenny Smith /Old Woman Sweetheart /Keepin' it Together /Big Eye
Contemporary Blues Up and Comers
Terry Davidson and the Gears /Monkey Hand /Sonic Soul Sessions /Bangshift
Jim Suhler /Jump Up, Sister /Panther Burn /Underworld\
Laith Al-Saadi /Complete Disgrace /Real /Weber Works
Back Pack Jones /Fixin' to Leave /Betsy's Kitchen /self
Selwyn Birchwood /Overworked and Underpaid /Don't call No Ambulance /Alligator
Daunielle /Fallen Bird /self titled /Catfood
Eddie Cotton /title track /Here I Come /deChamp
Grady Champion /Who dt /Bootleg Whiskey /Malaco
Hazel Miller /Good Time Woman /Bluesmaster v3 /DMD
Blue Lunch Special /Leo the Louse /30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition /Rip Cat
Terry Quiett /Come the Morning /Taking Sides /Lucky Bag
Kent Burnside /Spoonful /My World is so Cold /Lucky13
Damon Fowler /Old Fools, Barstools and Me /Sounds of Home /Blind Pig
Lisa Mills /Little Wing /I'm Changing /self
Blues Veterans
Leo Welch /Praise His Name /Sabougla Voices /Big Legal Mess
Trudy Lynn wi. Steve Krase /I Just Wanna Make Love to You /Buckle Up /Connor Ray
Root Doctor /Pay the Rent /New Attitude /Root Doctor
Johnnie Billington /JB /Blind Raccoon Collection v2 /Blind Raccoon
Bernie Pearl /Tough Times /Take Your Time /Bee Bump
Holmes Brothers /Drivin' in the Drivin' Rain /Brotherhood /Alligator
Tinsley Ellis /See No Harm /Midnight Blues /Heartfixer
Lucky Peterson /title track /The Son of a Bluesman /Jazz Villiage
Eric Bibb /Death Row Blues /Jericho Road /Stony Plain
Daddy Mack Blues Band /Doorman /Blues Central /Insidse Sounds
Travis Haddix /Good Ole Monday /Love Coupons /Benevolent Blues
Jimmy Thackery /You Brush Me Off /Wide Open /White River
John Hammond /Heartache Blues /Timeless /Palmetto
Tommy Castro /I'm Tired /The Devil You Know /Alligator
John Nemeth /Crying /Memphis Grease /Blue Corn
Joe Louis Walker /I'm Gonna Walk Outside /Hornet's Nest /Alligator
Little Mike and the Tornadoes /Stuck Out on the Highway /All the Right Moves /Elrob