[Blues-l] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues, 11.15.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 10:35:04 EST 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

11.15.14, 10-11 p.m.

An all-acoustic show, focusing on guitar and mandolin

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood / Lockwood's Boogie / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Big Bill Broonzy / Key to the Highway / Trouble in Mind (Smithsonian
Folkways)

2. Kokomo Arnold / Milk Cow Blues / Kokomo Arnold: The Essential (Classic
Blues)

3. Tampa Red / It Hurts Me Too / It Hurts Me Too: The Essential Recordings
of Tampa Red (Indigo)

4. Lonnie Johnson / Jelly Roll Baker / Bawdy Blues (Bluesville)

5. Yank Rachell / Going to Pack Up My Things and Go / I Blueskvarter
Chicago 1964 Volume One (Jefferson)

6. Harmon Ray / Bessie Lee Blues / Chicago Blues 1940-1947 (Fremeaux and
Associes)

7. Johnny Young / Keep Your Nose Out of My Business / Chicago Blues
(Arhoolie)

8. Chicago String Band / I Got to Find That Woman / The Chicago String Band
(Testament)

9. Billy Flynn / Why Did You Go? / Chicago Blues Mandolin (Easy Baby)

10. Muddy Waters / I Be's Troubled / Complete Recordings: 1941-1948
(Culture Press)

11. Muddy Waters / Feel Like Going Home / Folk Singer (MCA)

12. Buddy Guy, Junior Wells / High Heel Sneakers / Alone and Acoustic
(Alligator)

13. Magic Slim / I'm a Poor Man but a Good Man / Alone and Unplugged (Wolf)

14. Hubert Sumlin and John Primer / No Place to Go / Chicago Blues Session,
Vol. 22 (Wolf)

15. Johnny B. Moore / Saddle My Pony / Born in Clarksdale Mississippi (Wolf)

Messin' with the Blues

11.15.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer / Stop Time Boogie / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Robben Ford / Top Down Blues / A Day in Nashville (Provogue Music
Productions)

2. Mannish Boys / Reconsider Baby / Shake for Me (Delta Groove Production)

3. Bonnie Raitt / Tribute to Fred McDowell: Write Me a Few of Your Lines;
Kokomo; Drop Down Mama / Ann Arbor Blues and Jazz Festival 1972 (Atlantic)

4. Gary Clark, Jr. / If Trouble Was Money / Live (Warner Bros.)

5. Jimi Smith / Last Night / Give Me Wings (Atomic Theory)

6. Albert Collins / Conversation with Collins / Ice Pickin' (Alligator)

7. Robert Cray Band / Hip Tight Onions / In My Soul (Provogue Music
Productions)

8. Booker T. and the MG's / Hip Hug-Her / The Complete Stax-Volt Singles
1959-1968 (Atlantic)

9. Marcia Ball / Get You a Woman / Tattooed Lady and the Alligator Man
(Alligator)

10. The Chris O'Leary Band / 377-9189 / Waiting for the Phone to Ring
(VizzTone)

11. Eddie Robinson / This Little Light of Mine / This Is My Story (Sirens)

12. Mavis Staples / Have a Little Faith / Have a Little Faith (Alligator)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM <http://www.wdcb.org/> Glen Ellyn, IL, *Chicago Bound
*and *Messin’
with the Blues*

Also heard on Taintradio <http://www.taintradio.org/> and Radio Free
Amsterdam <http://www.radiofreeamsterdam.com/>

MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60201

"Each note should have a soul of its own."--Hank Jones