[Blues-l] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues, 11.8.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 11:28:05 EST 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

11.8.14, 10-11 p.m.

With a nod to the late Michael Coleman

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood / Lockwood's Boogie / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Michael Coleman / I Play the Blues for You / May I Have a Chance with
You (Michael Coleman)

2. Fenton Robinson / Say You're Leavin' / The USA Records Blues Story (Fuel
2000)

3. Larry Taylor / Yes, I Love You / Chicago's Best West- and South Side
Blues Singers, Vol. 2 (Wolf)

4. The Paul Butterfield Blues Band / Nut Popper, No. 1 / The Original Lost
Elektra Sessions (Rhino)

5. Jimmy Rogers / I'm in Love / South Side Chicago Blues (Delmark)

6. Muddy Waters / Muddy Waters' Shuffle / Can't Get No Grindin' (Chess)

7. Elmore James / Round House Boogie (Sax Symphonic Boogie) / Early
Recordings 51-56 (Virgin)

8. Little Johnny Jones and Billy Boy Arnold / I Hear My Black Name Ringing
/ Live in Chicago with Billy Boy Arnold (Alligator)

9. Howlin' Wolf / I've Been Abused / The Chess Box (MCA)

10. Little Smokey Smothers / Days Are Dark / Bossman--Chicago Blues of 1993
(Black Magic)

11. Billy Branch and the Sons of Blues / Sweet Little Angel / Chicago's
Young Blues Generation (Evidence)

12. Guitar Junior (Lonnie Brooks) / Roll, Roll, Roll (alt. take) / The
Crawl (Charly)

13. Little Brother Montgomery / Vicksburg Blues / Classic Blues from
Smithsonian Folkways (Smithsonian Folkways)

14. Dave Clark Blues Swingers / Corner Pocket / Switchin' in the Kitchen
(Delmark)

15. Charlie Musselwhite / Watson's Excellent Adventure / In My Time
(Alligator)

Messin' with the Blues

11.8.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

With a salute to the late Finis Tasby

Theme music: Erwin Helfer / Stop Time Boogie / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Dennis Gruenling featuring Doug Deming and the Jewel Tones / Roll Your
Moneymaker / Rockin' All Day (Back Bender)

2. Sean Costello / Fool's Paradise / In the Magic Shop (VizzTone)

3. Ronnie Earl / Little Johnny Lee / I Feel Like Goin' On (Stony Plain)

4. Mannish Boys / Too Tired / Shake for Me (Delta Groove)

5. Kirk Fletcher (with Finis Tasby) / River's Invitation / Shades of Blue
(Delta Groove)

6. Finis Tasby / Find Something Else to Do / People Don't Care (Shanachie)

7. Finis Tasby / Drinkin' Bad Whiskey / People Don't Care (Shanachie)

8. Marcia Ball / Clean My House / Tattooed Lady and the Alligator Man
(Alligator)

9. Doctor Ross / Juke Box Boogie / Sun Records: 25 More Blues Classics
(Varese Sarabande)

10. B.B. King / Blues for Me (Groove Twist) / More (Ace)

11. Bruce Katz Band / The Sky's the Limit / Homecoming (American Showplace
Music)

12. Eric Bibb / Silver Spoon / Blues People (Stony Plain)

13. Big Joe Williams / Don't Leave Me Here / Mississippi's Big Joe Williams
and His Nine-String Guitar (Smithsonian Folkways)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60201

"Each note should have a soul of its own."--Hank Jones