[Blues-l] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues, 11.1.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 01:59:03 EST 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

11.1.14, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood / Lockwood's Boogie / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Billy Boy Arnold / What's on the Menu Mama / The Blues Soul of Billy Boy
Arnold (Stony Plain)

2. Magic Slim and the Teardrops / Mojo Boogie / Zoo Bar Collection, Vol. 4:
Spider in My Stew (Wolf)

3. Mississippi Heat / Come to Mama / Warning Shot (Delmark)

4. John Primer / When I Get Lonely / Blues on Solid Ground (CD Baby)

5. Lurrie Bell / Hey Hey Baby / Blues in My Soul (Delmark)

6. Lou Pride / Sunrise / Keep on Believing (Severn)

7. Roosevelt Sykes / Feel Like Blowing My Horn / Feel Like Blowing My Horn
(Delmark)

8. Art Hodes / Clark and Randolph / Solos, Vol. 1 (Parkwood)

9. The Claudettes / Stumblin' Home Satisfied / Infernal Piano
Plot...Hatched! (Yellow Dog)

10. Buddy Guy / A Man and the Blues / Blues Master (Vanguard)

11. Joe Filisko and Eric Noden / Head on Outta Here / I.C. Special (Joe
Filisko and Eric Noden)

12. L.V. Banks / Fallin' to Pieces / Ruby (Wolf)

13. Charles Wilson / I Like Your Style / If Heartaches Were Nickels
(Delmark)

Messin' with the Blues

11.1.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

With a bow to the late Jack Bruce

Theme music: Erwin Helfer / Stop Time Boogie / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Gary Clark, Jr. / Travis County / Live (Warner Bros.)

2. Sean Costello / It's My Own Fault / In the Magic Shop (VizzTone)

3. Erin Harpe and the Delta Swingers / Angel from Montgomery / Love Whip
Blues (VizzTone)

4. Cream / Steppin' Out / Crossroads (Polydor)

5. John Mayall's Bluesbreakers / (They Call It) Stormy Monday /
Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton (two-disc set) (Universal Distribution)

6. Johnny Adams / Fortune Teller / The Great Johnny Adams Blues Album
(Rounder)

7. Johnny Adams / Laughin' and Clownin' / The Great Johnny Adams Blues
Album (Rounder)

8. Cecile McLorin Salvant / St. Louis Gal / WomanChild (Mack Avenue)

9. Lowell Fulson / Be on Your Merry Way / The Complete Chess Masters
(MCA/Chess)

10. Phillip Walker / The Blues and My Guitar / Tough as I Want to Be
(Rounder)

11. Don Covay / Mercy, Mercy / Mercy, Mercy/Seesaw (Koch International)

12. Ike and Tina Turner / I Smell Trouble / Bold Soul Sister: The Best of
the Blue Thumb Recordings (Hip-O)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60201

"Each note should have a soul of its own."--Hank Jones