[BluesList] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound & Messin' with the Blues 5.24.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Tue May 27 03:16:43 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

5.24.14, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Dave Specter, "Chicago Style" / Message in Blue (Delmark)

2. John Primer, "That's Alright" / Knockin' at Your Door (Telarc)

3. Steve Freund and Gloria Hardiman, "Well I Done Got Over It" / Set Me
Free (Delmark)

4. Earl Hooker, "Take Me Back to East St. Louis" / Moon Is Rising (Arhoolie)

5. Maxwell Street Jimmy Davis, "Two Trains Running" / Maxwell Street Jimmy
Davis (Elektra)

6. Big John Wrencher, "Ha Ha Baby" / Maxwell Street Alley Blues (P-Vine)

7. Jimmy Rogers & Little Walter, "I Just Keep Loving Her (Take 1)" /
Chicago Boogie! (Barrelhouse)

8. Elmore James, "Baby, What's Wrong" / The Complete Meteor Blues/R&B
Gospel Recordings (Ace)

9. Johnny Drummer, "I'm Gonna Sell My Cadillac, Buy Myself a Mule" /
Unleaded Blues (Earwig)

10. Easy Baby & His Houserockers, "Eyesight to the Blind" / Sweet Home
Chicago Blues (P-Vine)

11. Mojo Buford, "Steal My Chickens" / Ray Charles on Stage at the
Palladium (Vernon)

12. Little Smokey Smothers, "In the Zone" / Second Time Around (Crosscut)

13. Lafayette Leake, "Wrinkles" / Chess Blues Piano Greats (MCA)

Messin' with the Blues

5.24.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Steve James, "Amos Johnson Rag" / Two Track Mind (Antone's)

2. Big Bill Broonzy, "Worrying You Off My Mind, Pt. 1" / All the Classic
Sides 1928-1937 (JSP)

3. Eden Brent, "My Man" / Ain't Got No Troubles (Yellow Dog)

4. Percy Mayfield, "Lying Woman (Not Trustworthy)" / Percy Mayfield Sings
Percy Mayfield (Dynagroove)

5. Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, "Cross My Heart" / Chess Blues Guitar: Two
Decades of Killer Fretwork, 1949-1969 (MCA)

6. Mississippi John Hurt, "Baby, What's Wrong with You?" / The Best of
Mississippi John Hurt (Vanguard)

7. Shirley Griffith, "Meet Me in the Bottom" / Saturday Blues (Bluesville)

8. Skip James, "Devil Got My Woman" / Living Legends (Verve Folkways)

9. Harrison Kennedy, "Bad Luck and Trouble" / Voice + Story (Black & Tan)

10. Sleepy John Estes, "Potato Diggin' Man" / Live in Japan with Hammie
Nixon (Delmark)

11. Elizabeth Cotten, "Vastapol" / Classic Blues from Smithsonian Folkways
(Smithsonian Folkways)

12. Jimmy Witherspoon, "Tain't Nobody's Business" / In Person (1961)
(Columbia)

13. Memphis Slim w/Big Bill Broonzy and Sonny Boy Williamson I, "Life Is
Like That" / Alan Lomax: Blues Songbook (Rounder)

14. Leroy Carr, "I Ain't Got No Money Now" / The Best of Leroy Carr
(Columbia/Legacy)

15. Lead Belly, "Good Morning Blues" / Where Did You Sleep Last Night: Lead
Belly Legacy, Vol. 1 (Smithsonian Folkways)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60203

"Each note should have a soul of its own."—Hank Jones