[BluesList] WDCB Chicago Bound & Messin' with the Blues 5.3.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun May 4 03:29:50 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

5.3.14, 10-11 p.m.

Celebrating Otis Rush's birthday

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Otis Rush, "My Baby's a Good 'Un" / The Cobra Records Story (Warner
Bros.)

2. Otis Rush, "Violent Love" / The Cobra Records Story (Warner Bros.)

3. Otis Rush, "All Your Love (I Miss Loving)" / The Cobra Records Story
(Warner Bros.)

4. Otis Rush, "Lonely Man" / Right Place, Wrong Time (Bullfrog)

5. Otis Rush, "I Can't Quit You Baby" / So Many Roads: Live in Concert
(Delmark)

6. Otis Rush, "Three Times a Fool" / Right Place, Wrong Time (Bullfrog)

7. Otis Rush, "So Close" / Door to Door (MCA)

8. Otis Rush, "Feel So Bad" / Tops (Blind Pig)

9. Otis Rush, "Sweet Little Angel" (listed as "My Own Fault") / American
Folk Blues Festival '66 (Bellaphon)

10. Otis Rush, "Crosscut Saw" / An Introduction to Otis Rush (Fuel 2000)

11. Otis Rush, "Homework" / Ain't Enough Comin' In (Polygram)

12. Otis Rush, "High Society" / All Your Love (I Miss Loving) (Delmark)

13. Otis Rush, "Have You Ever Had the Blues" / Any Place I'm Going (House
of Blues)

Messin' with the Blues

5.3.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Focusing on music and artists featured at the Chicago International Movies
and Music Festival

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Charley Patton (as the Masked Marvel), "Mississippi Boll Weevil Blues" /
Complete Recordings 1929-34 (JSP)

2. Son House, "John the Revelator" / Father of the Delta Blues: The
Complete 1965 Sessions (Columbia/Legacy)

3. Muddy Waters, "Honey Bee" / Sail On (Wolf)

4. Bobby Rush, "Chicken Heads" / Stax: Superblues, Vol. 4: All-Time Classic
Blues Hits (Stax)

5. Booker T. & the MG's, "Green Onions" / The Complete Stax-Volt Singles
1959-1968 (Atlantic)

6. Booker T. & the MG's, "Soul Dressing" / Soul Dressing (Atlantic)

7. Booker T. & the MG's, "Hip Hug-Her" / The Complete Stax-Volt Singles
1959-1968 (Atlantic)

8. Syl Johnson, "Take Me to the River" / The Best of Syl Johnson: The Hi
Records Years (Capitol)

9. William Bell, "You Don't Miss Your Water" / The Complete Stax-Volt
Singles 1959-1968 (Atlantic)

10. Bobby "Blue" Bland, "Lover with a Reputation" / That Did It!: The Duke
Recordings, Vol. 3 (MCA)

11. Sam & Dave, "Hold On! I'm Comin'" / The Complete Stax-Volt Singles
1959-1968 (Atlantic)

12. Otis Redding, "(Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay" / The Complete
Stax-Volt Singles 1959-1968 (Atlantic)

13. Otis Clay, "Trying to Live My Life without You" / The Best of Otis
Clay: The Hi Records Years (Hi/The Right Stuff)

14. The Staple Singers, "Respect Yourself" / The Best of the Staple Singers
(Fantasy)

15. North Mississippi All Stars, "Freedom Highway" / 51 Phantom (Artemis)

16. Charlie Musselwhite, "If I Should Have Bad Luck" / Deluxe Edition
(Alligator)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

NEW MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60201

"Each note should have a soul of its own."--Hank Jones