[Blues-l] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues, 6.28.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 15:24:40 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

6.28.14, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Billy Branch, "Route 66" / Superharps (Telarc)

2. Buddy Guy, "Cheaper to Keep Her/Blues in the Night" / Bring 'Em In (Jive)

3. Howlin' Wolf, "Poor Boy" / The Real Folk Blues/More Real Folk Blues
(MCA/Chess)

4. Jimmy Burns, "Rollin' and Tumblin'" / Leaving Here Walking (Delmark)

5. Johnny Shines, "The Devil's Daughter" / Mr. Cover Shaker (Biograph)

6. Little Arthur Duncan, "Blues After Hours" / Singin' with the Sun
(Delmark)

7. Luther Allison, "Bloomington Closing--Early Version" / Luther's Blues
(Motown)

8. Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson, "Walkin' the Dog" / Atlantic Blues:
Chicago (Atlantic)

9. Michael Bloomfield, "Albert's Shuffle" / Don't Say That I Ain't Your Man
(Columbia/Legacy)

10. Muddy Waters, "Garbage Man" / Can't Get No Grindin' (Chess)

11. Studebaker John, "B-Line" / That's the Way You Do (Delmark)

12. Willie Kent, "Treat My Baby Right" / Blues and Trouble (Isabel)

Messin' with the Blues

6.28.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

With a salute to Bobby Womack in the first segment

1. Womack Brothers, "Couldn't Hear Nobody Pray" / The SAR Records Story
(ABKCO)

2. Valentinos, "Lookin' for a Love" / The SAR Records Story (ABKCO)

3. Valentinos, "It's All Over Now" / The SAR Records Story (ABKCO)

4. Aretha Franklin, "Come Back Baby" / Queen of Soul: The Atlantic
Recordings (Rhino)

5. Janis Joplin, "Half Moon" (oops--meant to play "Trust Me") / Essential
Janis Joplin (Columbia)

6. Bobby Womack, "That's the Way I Feel About 'Cha" / Soul Hits of the 70s:
Didn't It Blow Your Mind!, Vol. 7 (Rhino)

7. Johnnie Bassett and the Blues Insurgents, "Dog House Is My Home" /
Cadillac Blues (Cannonball)

8. Dr. Lonnie Smith, "Tyrone" / Rise Up! (Palmetto)

9. Sweetman and South Side Groove Kings, "Angela's Strut" / Austin Back
Alley Blue (Mapleshade)

10. Bob Corritore, "Mr. Tate's Advice" / Taboo: Blues Harmonica
Instrumentals (Delta Groove)

11. Big Joe Turner, "Low Down Dog" / Big, Bad and Blue: The Big Joe Turner
Anthology (Rhino/Atlantic)

12. Eddie Bo, "I'm Through Dealing" / Keep It Rollin': The Blues Piano
Collection (Rounder)

13. The Holmes Brothers, "Up Above My Head" / In the Spirit (Rounder)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60203

"Each note should have a soul of its own."—Hank Jones