[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: 6-27-14 The South Side w/Chas Lewis

chas@thesouthside.org chas@thesouthside.org
Sun Jun 29 02:34:39 EDT 2014

www.thesouthside.org

Playlist for The South Side * June 27th, 2014
Blues, Soul and Rhythm & Blues with Chas Lewis
KHUM 104.7 and 104.3 FM | Humboldt Co, CA
Streaming Live Friday, 7 to 10pm Pacific | 0300 UTC
http://www.khum.com/khumstream

Artist * Song * Release * Label

+ Mabon 'Teenie' Hodges * Nov 16, 1945 – June 22, 2014
 > Jerome Felder aka Doc Pomus * June 27, 1925 – March 14, 1991
Bobby Womack * March 4, 1944 – June 27, 2014

7pm
Little Walter * Teenage Beat * Blues with a Feeling * Chess/MCA
+ Syl Johnson * Take Me To the River * The Best of the Hi Years * Capitol
Bobby Womack * Lookin' for a Love * The Best: Soul Years * Capitol
The Mannish Boys * The Blues Has Made Me Whole * Wrapped Up & Ready *
Delta Groove
Big George Brock * Cut You Loose * Live at 75 * Cathead
Jimmy Wilson w/Lafayette Thomas * A Woman Is To Blame * Bog Geddins Big
Town Records Story * Acrobat
Etta James * You Took It * Tell Mama: The Complete Muscle Shoals * Chess/MCA
Muddy Waters * Trouble No More * The Definitive * Chess
Selwyn Birchwood * Hoodoo Stew * Don't Call No Ambulance * Alligator
Big John Hamilton * The Train * The South Side of Soul Street * Omnivore
Susan Tedeschi * You Can Make It If You Try * Live from Austin * New West
 > Johnny Adams * Body & Fender Man * Room with a View of the Blues *
Rounder

8pm
 > Irma Thomas * There Must Be a Better World * The Soul Queen of New
Orleans * Rounder
Bobby Womack * Across 110th Street * The Best: Soul Years * Capitol
Johnny 'Big Moose' Walker * Worry Worry * Living Chicago Blues Vol 2 *
Alligator
+ Al Green * I'm a Ram * Greatest Hits * Fat Possum
+ Ann Peebles * I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down * I Can't Stand the
Rain * Hi Records
Doug Demming & the Jewel Tones * Think Hard * What's It Gonna Take *
VizzTone
Bobby Womack * It's All Over Now * The Best: Soul Years * Capitol
John Mooney * Been Working' All Day * Big Ol' Fiya * LML
+ Syl Johnson * I Only Have Love * Best of: The Hi Years * Capitol
Rod Piazza & the Mighty Flyers * Neighbor, Neighbor * Emergency
Situation * Blind Pig
Rory Block & Stefan Grossman * Kokomo Blues * Country Blues * Guitar
Workshop

9pm
+ James & Bobby Purify * I Take What I Want * Shake a Tail Feather: Best
of * Sundazed
 > Ray Charles * Lonely Avenue * The Birth of Soul * Atlantic/Rhino
The Meters * Love Is For Me * Rejuvenation * WB/Rhino
Syl Johnson * Well Oh Well * Complete Mythology * Numero
Bobby Womack * Woman's Gotta Have It * The Best: Soul Years * Capitol
Dave Specter w/Otis Clay * This Time I'm Gone for Good * Message In
Blues * Delmark
Janiva Magness * Who Am I * Original * Fathead
 > Johnny Adams * Imitation of Love * The Great Johnny Adams Blues Album
* Rounder
+ Al Green * Love & Happiness * Greatest Hits * Fat Possum
Lee Fields & the Expressions * Cutting Out (On Me) * Let's Talk It Over
* Truth & Soul
Bob Stroger & Kenny Smith * Come On Home * Keepin' It Together * Big Eye
Frankie Lee Sims * Misery Blues * 4th & Beale and Further South * Westside

Mailing Address
Chas Lewis | KHUM-FM
The South Side
3432 N Street