[Blues-l] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound & Messin' with the Blues, 6.14.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 14:22:05 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

6.14.14, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Floyd McDaniel and the Blues Swingers, "Let Your Hair Down" / Let Your
Hair Down (Delmark)

2. Toronzo Cannon, "Big Ray Bop" / John the Conquer Root (Delmark)

3. Muddy Waters, "You Can't Lose What You Ain't Never Had" / One More Mile
(MCA/Chess)

4. Howlin' Wolf, "Streamline Woman" / The Chess Box (MCA/Chess)

5. Buddy Guy and Junior Wells, "My Home's in the Delta" / Alone and
Acoustic (Alligator)

6. Sam Lay, "Two Trains Running (Still a Fool)" / I Get Evil (Random Chance)

7. Chuck Berry, "Let It Rock" / The Chess Box (Chess)

8. Will Ezell, "Barrelhouse Woman Blues" / Barrelhouse Piano 1927-1936
(Yazoo)

9. Jazz Gillum, "Stavin' Chain" / Best of Blues: "Jazz" Gillum (1935-1946)
(Best of Blues)

10. Magic Sam, "I Need You So Bad" / Live at the Avant Garde (Delmark)

11. John Primer, "If I Could Hold You in My Arms" / You Can Make It If You
Try! (Wolf)

12. William Clarke, "Lollipop Mama" / Blowin' Like Hell (Alligator)

13. Dave Specter, "The Stinger" / Message in Blue (Delmark)

Messin' with the Blues

6.14.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. R.J. Mischo, "Elevator Juice" / Make It Good (Delta Groove)

2. Vaneese Thomas, "Can't Ever Let You Go" / Blues for My Father (Segue)

3. Brownie McGhee, "Careless Love" / The Folkways Years (1945-1959)
(Smithsonian/Folkways)

4. Roy Gaines, "I'm in an Awful Mood" / I Got the T-Bone Walker Blues
(Groove Note)

5. Forrest McDonald Band, "R and R by Bye Bye" / Turnaround Blues (World
Talent)

6. David Vest, "Santa Fe Steamer" / Roadhouse Revelation (Cordova Bay)

7. Fillmore Slim, "You've Got the Nerve of a Brass Monkey" / Blame It on
the Blues (Collectables)

8. Roy Milton, "R.M. Blues" / Specialty Profiles (Specialty)

9. Lucky Peterson, "You Lucky Dog" / The Son of a Bluesman (ACM Productions)

10. Andy T-Nick Nixon Band, "One Note Shuffle" / Livin' It Up (Delta Groove)

11. Mannish Boys, "It Was Fun" / Wrapped Up and Ready (Delta Groove)

12. Fred Kaplan, "Jalepeno Hop" / Hold My Mule (Regal Radio)
13. Lightnin' Hopkins, "Come Go Home with Me" / Lightnin' Hopkins
(Smithsonian/Folkways)

 Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60203

"Each note should have a soul of its own."—Hank Jones