[BluesList] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound & Messin' with the Blues, 5.31.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 02:59:37 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

5.31.14, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

   1.

   Willie "Big Eyes" Smith, "Liquified Boogie" / Bluesin' It (Electro-Fi)
   2.

   Son Seals, "I Believe (You're Trying to Make a Fool Out of Me)" /
   Midnight Son (Alligator)
   3.

   Rob Stone and the C-Notes, "Rocket 88" / Just My Luck (Earwig)
   4.

   Byther Smith, "Tell Me How You Like It" / Hold That Train (Delmark)
   5.

   Jimmy Johnson, "Your Turn to Cry" / Living Chicago Blues, Vol. 1
   (Alligator)
   6.

   Howlin' Wolf, "Look-A-Here Baby" / Ain't Gonna Be Your Dog (Chess)
   7.

   Tom Archia, "Fishin' Pole" / Aristocrat of the Blues: The Best of
   Aristocrat Records (MCA)
   8.

   Lacy Gibson, "Drown in My Own Tears" / Living Chicago Blues, Vol. 3
   (Alligator)
   9.

   Shakey Jake Harris, "Jake's Blues" / Good Times (Bluesville/Original
   Blues Classics)
   10.

   Dave Specter, "New West Side Stroll" / Message in Blue (Delmark)
   11.

   Magic Slim, "Sadie" / Alone & Unplugged (Wolf)
   12.

   Magic Slim, "Black Tornado" / Anything Can Happen (Blind Pig)
   13.

   Billy Boy Arnold, "I Wish You Would" / I Wish You Would (Charly)
   14.

   Ricky Allen, "Cut You a-Loose" / The Age/Chief Blues Story (Fuel)
   15.

   Jimmy Walker, "Mr. Freddie Blues" / Heavy Timbre: Chicago Boogie Piano
   (Sirens)
   16.

   Clarence Samuels, "Boogie Woogie Blues" / Aristocrat of the Blues: The
   Best of Aristocrat Records (MCA)

Messin' with the Blues

5.31.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

   1.

   Leola Manning, "The Blues Is All Wrong" / Chuck Leavell, Back to the
   Woods: A Tribute to the Pioneers of Blues Piano (Evergreen Arts)
   2.

   Benny Green, "Testifyin'" / Testifyin'! Live at the Village Vanguard
   (Blue Note)
   3.

   Billy Eckstine, "She's Got the Blues for Sale" / Timeless Billy Eckstine
   (Savoy Jazz)
   4.

   Sherrie Maricle & The Diva Jazz Orchestra, "Jo-House Blues" / What the
   World Needs Now (Arbors)
   5.

   Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson, "Person to Person" / Back Door Blues (Fantasy)
   6.

   Mose Allison, "Your Red Wagon" / Allison Wonderland: Anthology (Rhino)
   7.

   Andrew "Jr. Boy" Jones, "Jr. Boy's Jam" / I Need Time (Bullseye Blues)
   8.

   Duke Robillard, "Albi Ain't Here" / After Hours Swing Session (Rounder
   Select)
   9.

   Reuben Wilson, "Hold on, I'm Comin'" / Love Bug (EMI Music Distribution)
   10.

   Irene Reid, "If I Never Get to Heaven" / The Uptown Lowdown (Savant)
   11.

   Planet D Nonet, "Christopher Columbus" / Swingin' the D (Detroit Music
   Factory)
   12.

   Mr. B, "Down the Road Apiece" / Hallelujah Train (Megawave)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60203

"Each note should have a soul of its own."—Hank Jones