[BluesList] WDCB Blues Edition, 5.31.14

Michel Dubois pommenoire@yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 2 12:50:06 EDT 2014

your playlist is a winner!!!

________________________________
 De : Leslie Keros <lkeros885@gmail.com>
À : "Blues_L@listserv.nethelps.com" <Blues_L@listserv.nethelps.com>
Envoyé le : lundi 2 juin 2014 2h34
Objet : [BluesList]  WDCB Blues Edition, 5.31.14

WDCB
90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL
Blues
Edition, 5.31.14, 7-9 p.m.

Focusing
on Chicago Blues Festival performers from 1984 to 1990 and 1993, in
anticipation of this year's festival; cohosted by Bill Dahl, who provided much
of the music and commentary

1.
Mac Rabennack, "Storm Warning" / The Dr. John Anthology--Mos'
Scocious (Rhino)
2.
Johnny Otis Band, "Jazz Beau's Groove" / Food for Life (J&T)
3.
Joe "Guitar" Hughes, "If You Want to See the Blues" / If
You Want to See These Blues (Black Top)
4.
Johnny Copeland, "Down on Bending Knees" / The Copeland Collection,
Vol. 1 (Collectables)
5.
Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, "Dirty Work at the Crossroads"
/ The Original Peacock Recordings (Rounder)
6.
Albert Collins, "Dyin' Flu" / Truckin' with Albert Collins (MCA)
7.
Pee Wee Crayton, "You Know Yeah" / The Complete Aladdin and Imperial
Recordings (Capitol)
8.
Yank Rachell, "Interview" / I blueskvarter Chicago 1964 Volume One
(Jefferson)
9.
Yank Rachell, "Every Night and Day, I Hear My Baby Call My Name" / I
blueskvarter Chicago 1964 Volume One (Jefferson)
10.
Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson, "Lonesome Train" / Bald Headed
Blues--His Complete Recordings 1949-52 (Ace)
11.
Lowell Fulson, "Reconsider Baby" / Hung Down Head (MCA/Chess)
12.
Willie Kent (with Bonnie Lee), "I'm Good" / Ain't It Nice (Delmark)
13.
Chuck Berry, "Down the Road a Piece" / You Never Can Tell--His
Complete King Recordings 1960-1966 (MCA/Chess)
14.
Etta James, "Something's Got a Hold on Me" / The Essential Etta James
(MCA/Chess)
15.
Memphis Slim, "Messin' Around" / Rockin' the Blues (Charly)
16.
Eddie Boyd, "Five Long Years" / Rough Treatment--The J.O.B. Records
Story (Westside)
17.
Robert Jr. Lockwood with Sunnyland Slim, "Down Home Child" / Johnny
Shines & Robert Lockwood (Paula)
18.
B.B. King, "Woke Up This Morning" / The Vintage Years (Ace)
19.
Charles Brown, "Black Night" / The Complete Aladdin Recordings of
Charles Brown (Mosaic)
20.
Little Johnny Taylor, "Everybody Knows About My Good Thing, Pt. 1" /
Everybody Knows About My Good Thing (Ronn)
21.
The Staple Singers, "I'll Take You There" / The Best of the Staple
Singers (Fantasy)
22.
Rufus Thomas, "All Night Worker" / All Night Worker (Stax)
23.
Junior Wells, "Please Throw This Poor Dog a Bone" / Blues Hit Big
Town (Delmark)
24.
Robert Parker, "Barefootin'" / Barefootin' (Nola)
25.
Jesse Fortune, "Fortune Tellin' Man" / Fortune Tellin' Man (Delmark)
26.
Snooks Eaglin, "Yours Truly" / The Complete Imperial Recordings (EMI)
27.
Fontella Bass, "Soul of the Man" / The Best of Fontella Bass
(MCA/Chess)
28.
Nappy Brown, "Don't Be Angry" / Night Time Is the Right Time (Savoy)

Leslie
Keros
WDCB 90.9
FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues
WHPK
88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues
Also
heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

NOTE
NEW MAILING ADDRESS:
Leslie
Keros
WDCB/WHPK
2906
Central St. #103
Evanston,
IL 60203

"Each
note should have a soul of its own."—Hank Jones