[BluesList] WDCB Blues Edition, 5.31.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 02:34:10 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Blues Edition, 5.31.14, 7-9 p.m.

Focusing on Chicago Blues Festival performers from 1984 to 1990 and 1993,
in anticipation of this year's festival; cohosted by Bill Dahl, who
provided much of the music and commentary

1. Mac Rabennack, "Storm Warning" / The Dr. John Anthology--Mos' Scocious
(Rhino)

2. Johnny Otis Band, "Jazz Beau's Groove" / Food for Life (J&T)

3. Joe "Guitar" Hughes, "If You Want to See the Blues" / If You Want to See
These Blues (Black Top)

4. Johnny Copeland, "Down on Bending Knees" / The Copeland Collection, Vol.
1 (Collectables)

5. Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, "Dirty Work at the Crossroads" / The
Original Peacock Recordings (Rounder)

6. Albert Collins, "Dyin' Flu" / Truckin' with Albert Collins (MCA)

7. Pee Wee Crayton, "You Know Yeah" / The Complete Aladdin and Imperial
Recordings (Capitol)

8. Yank Rachell, "Interview" / I blueskvarter Chicago 1964 Volume One
(Jefferson)

9. Yank Rachell, "Every Night and Day, I Hear My Baby Call My Name" / I
blueskvarter Chicago 1964 Volume One (Jefferson)

10. Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson, "Lonesome Train" / Bald Headed Blues--His
Complete Recordings 1949-52 (Ace)

11. Lowell Fulson, "Reconsider Baby" / Hung Down Head (MCA/Chess)

12. Willie Kent (with Bonnie Lee), "I'm Good" / Ain't It Nice (Delmark)

13. Chuck Berry, "Down the Road a Piece" / You Never Can Tell--His Complete
King Recordings 1960-1966 (MCA/Chess)

14. Etta James, "Something's Got a Hold on Me" / The Essential Etta James
(MCA/Chess)

15. Memphis Slim, "Messin' Around" / Rockin' the Blues (Charly)

16. Eddie Boyd, "Five Long Years" / Rough Treatment--The J.O.B. Records
Story (Westside)

17. Robert Jr. Lockwood with Sunnyland Slim, "Down Home Child" / Johnny
Shines & Robert Lockwood (Paula)

18. B.B. King, "Woke Up This Morning" / The Vintage Years (Ace)

19. Charles Brown, "Black Night" / The Complete Aladdin Recordings of
Charles Brown (Mosaic)

20. Little Johnny Taylor, "Everybody Knows About My Good Thing, Pt. 1" /
Everybody Knows About My Good Thing (Ronn)

21. The Staple Singers, "I'll Take You There" / The Best of the Staple
Singers (Fantasy)

22. Rufus Thomas, "All Night Worker" / All Night Worker (Stax)

23. Junior Wells, "Please Throw This Poor Dog a Bone" / Blues Hit Big Town
(Delmark)

24. Robert Parker, "Barefootin'" / Barefootin' (Nola)

25. Jesse Fortune, "Fortune Tellin' Man" / Fortune Tellin' Man (Delmark)

26. Snooks Eaglin, "Yours Truly" / The Complete Imperial Recordings (EMI)

27. Fontella Bass, "Soul of the Man" / The Best of Fontella Bass (MCA/Chess)

28. Nappy Brown, "Don't Be Angry" / Night Time Is the Right Time (Savoy)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60203

"Each note should have a soul of its own."—Hank Jones