[Blues-l] Long Long Walks

sonlewis1@aol.com sonlewis1@aol.com
Sun Aug 31 21:40:14 EDT 2014

Stranger Blues "Well, I'm going back home if I have to wear out 99 pair of shoes"

(Sonny and Brownie and Blind Boy Fuller)

---- Original Message ----
From: jinxblues--- via Blues-l <blues-l@blues-l.com>
To: meisterblues <meisterblues@gmail.com>; blues-l <blues-l@blues-l.com>
Sent: Sun, Aug 31, 2014 8:51 pm
Subject: Re: [Blues-l] Long Long Walks

I was listening to Linsey Alexander's new album "Come Back Baby"
oday. It includes a song called "Goin' Out Walkin'" (lyrics like
Yes, I'm goin' out walkin', I'm gonna walk all the way to Texas").
It got me thinking about long walks, real long walks, like Fats
omino "Walkin' To New Orleans," and, one of my first favorite blues
ongs, Johnnie Temple's "Louise Louise Blues" ("She made me walk from
hicago, to the gulf of Mexico"). That was from 1935, and I tried to
magine that walk when I heard that song as a kid... I wonder if
nyone can think of others, especially any before Johnnie Temple's song.