[BluesList] Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound & Messin' with the Blues, 4.19.14

Leslie Keros lkeros885@gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 15:57:18 EDT 2014

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

4.19.14, 10-11 p.m.

Blues goes to church

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Kendrick M. Jackson, "Down by the Riverside" / Glory! Glory! (Sirens)

2. Otis Clay, "On Jesus Program" / Walk a Mile in My Shoes (Echo)

3. Michael Bloomfield, "Great Dreams from Heaven" / "If You Love These
Blues, Play 'Em As You Please" (Kicking Mule)

4. Muddy Waters, "Why Don't You Live So God Can Use You?" / Complete
Recordings: 1941-1948 (Sulture Press)

5. Jesse Fortune and Willie Dixon, "God's Gift to Man" / Buddy Guy:
Southern Blues 1957-63 (Paula)

6. Big Joe Williams, "Jesus Gonna Make Up My Dyin' Bed" / No More Whiskey
(Evidence)

7. Mahalia Jackson, "I'm Goin' to Live the Life I Sing About in My Song" /
The Essential Mahalia Jackson (Columbia/Legacy)

8. Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers, "Jesus, I'll Never Forget" / Specialty
Profiles (Specialty)

9. Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers, "Touch the Hem of His Garment" /
Specialty Profiles (Specialty)

10. Cicero Blake, "In the Vibe Room/Let Jesus Lead You" / I'm Satisfied
(CDS)

11. Eddie Robinson, "This Little Light of Mine" / This Is My Story (Sirens)

12. Sister Rosetta Tharpe, "Two Little Fishes and Five Loaves of Bread" /
The Gospel of Blues (MCA/Decca)

13. Sister Rosetta Tharpe  and Marie Knight, "Up Above My Head I Hear Music
in the Air" / The Gospel of Blues (MCA/Decca)

14. Erwin Helfer, "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" / Erwin Helfer Way (Sirens)

15. Eric Noden, "Pure Religion" / Gary Davis Style (Inside Sounds)

16. J.B. Lenoir, "God's Word" / Vietnam Blues: The Complete L&R Recordings
(Evidence)

17. Mavis Staples, "Woke Up This Morning (with My Mind on Jesus)" / One
True Vine (Anti)

Messin' with the Blues

4.19.14, 11 p.m.-midnight

Focus on upcoming shows in Chicago: Boogie Stomp, Harmonica Convergence,
Planet D Nonet, Koko Taylor Tribute, Eddie Shaw Send-off for Blues Hall of
Fame Induction

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Bob Baldori and Arthur Migliazza, "Boogie Stomp"

2. Arthur Migliazza, "St. Louis Blues" / Laying It Down (Hobemian)

3. Arthur Migliazza, "Sing Sing Sing/Bumble Boogie" / Laying It Down
(Hobemian)

4. Bob Baldori and Arthur Migliazza, "Okemos Breakdown"

5. Mark Hummel, "Trial by Fire" / Married to the Blues (Flying Fish)

6. Billy Boy Arnold w/ Billy Flynn on mandolin, "It Was Just a Dream" /
Billy Boy Arnold Sings Big Bill Broonzy (Electro-Fi)

7. Joe Filisko & Eric Noden, "Leadfoot Stomp" / I.C. Special (Joe Filisko &
Eric Noden)

8. Corky Siegel & Jim Schwall--Two Man Blues Band, "I've Had All I Can
Take" / The Complete Vanguard Recordings and More (Vanguard)

9. Planet D Nonet, "Just a Sittin' and a Rockin'" / Just a Sittin' and a
Rockin' with Tbone Paxton (Eastlawn)

10. Koko Taylor, "Twenty-Nine Ways to My Baby's Door" / South Side Lady
(Evidence)

11. Eddie Shaw, "Chicago Man" / In the Land of the Crossroads (Flying Fish)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio and Radio Free Amsterdam

NEW MAILING ADDRESS:

Leslie Keros

WDCB/WHPK

2906 Central St. #103

Evanston, IL 60201

"Each note should have a soul of its own."—Hank Jones