PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 10/26/2013

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 26 18:25:31 EDT 2013

My show #710. The Saturday Blue Plate Special featured tuneage from artists who blazed the trail and made a difference in the world of recorded blues (inspired by today being National Make a Difference Day).
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
listen live www.uwsp.edu/stuorg.wwsp
October 26, 2013

Chess 1480
Muddy Waters /My Fault /Rollin' Stone /Chess
Muddy Waters /Still a Fool /Rollin' Stone /Chess

Papa's Finds
Eddie Burns /Jail Time /Snake Eyes /Delmark
Eddie Burns /Lend Me Your Love /Snake Eyes /Delmark
Ruth Brown /title track /Fine and Mellow /Fantasy
Ruth Brown /Nothing Takes the Place of You /Fine and Mellow /Fantasy
Big Lucky Carter /Let Me Die in Love with You /Lucky 13 /Blueside
Big Lucky Carter /Down at Sam's Place /Lucky 13 /Blueside
Big Wheeler /title track /Bone Orchard /Delmark
Big Wheeler /I Got a Feeling I Got the Blues /Bone Orchard /Delmark
Larry Davis /Sneaking Around /I Ain't Beggin' Nobody /Evidence
Larry Davis /Don't Deceive Me /I Ain't Beggin' Nobody /Evidence
William Clarke /Somebody's Calling Me Home /Groove Time /Alligator
William Clarke /Saint or Sinners /Groove Time /Alligator

New on the Menu
Roosevelt Sykes /I Like What You Did /The Original Honeydripper /Blind Pig
Chris James  Patrick Rynn /Take it Easy /Barrelhouse Stomp /Earwig
Billy Thompson /Farmer Kenny /Friend /Soul Stew
Shawn Holt and the Teardrops /Please Don't Dog Me /Daddy Told Me /Blind Pig
Guy Davis /Prodigal Son /Juba dance /M.C.
John Ginty /Seven and the Spirit /Seven and the Spirit /American Showcase
Jonn del Toro Richardson  Sean Carney /title track /Drivin' Me Wild /de lToro
Frank Bey  Anthony Paule Band /Don't Mess with the Monkey /Soul for Your Blues /Blue Dot
Birdlegg /Barely Hanging On /self titled /Dialtone

The Saturday Blue Plate Special   "Those Who Made a Difference"
Bessie Smith /Downhearted Blues /The Collection /Columbia
Bessie Smith /I Ain't Gonna Play No Second Fiddle /The Collection /Columbia
Lemon Jefferson /Matchbox Blues /Black Snake Moan /Snapper
Lemon Jefferson /Lonesome House Blues /Black Snake Moan /Snapper
Victoria Spivey and Lonnie Johnson /The Alligator Pond Went Dry /The Essential /Classics
Victoria Spivey and Lonnie Johnson /Garter Snake Blues /The Essential /Classics
Tampa Red /Through Train Blues /Chronological v1 /Document
Tampa Red /But They Got it Fixed Right On /Voice of the Blues /Catfish
Louis Jordan /Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens /1944-1946 /JSP
Louis Jordan /Boogie Woogie Blue Plate /1944-1946 /JSP
B.B. King /Three O'Clock Blues /Blues Boy v1 /MCA
B.B. King /How Blue Can You Get /Live at the Regal /MCA
Jimmy Reed /You Got Me Dizzy /I'm Jimmy Reed /Charly
Jimmy Reed /Baby, What You Want Me to Do /Best of VeeJay v4 /Collectables
Muddy Waters /Rollin' Stone /Chess Blues box v1 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Can't be Satisfied /Chess Blues box v1 /Chess
Little Walter /Juke /Essential /Chess
Little Walter /My Babe /Essential /Chess
Stevie Ray Vaughan /title track /Texas Flood /Epic
Stevie Ray Vaughan /Change It /Soul to Soul /Epic

New on the Menu
Bobby Murray /OooWee /I'm Sticking with You /Motor City Kidz
Cyrill Neville /Running Water /Magic Honey /Ruf
Jeff Strahan /Don't Get Too Low /Monkey Around /Squaw Peaks
Samantha Fish /Over You /Black Wind Howlin' /Ruf
Holland K. Smith /Never Got the Blues/Cobalt /Eller Soul
Howell Devine /Howell Devine Boogie /Jumps, Boogies and Wobbles /Arhoolie
Smokin' Joe Kubek and Bnois King /Face to Face /Road Dog's Life /Delta Groove
Dave Riley and Bob Corritore /Oil Spill Blues /Hush Your Fuss /Vizztone
Lurrie Bell /'Bout the Break of Day /Blues in My Soul /Delmark
Sugaray Rayford /Goin' Back to Texas /Dangerous /Delta Groove