Where It's At (Montreal Edition) live blues/roots the week starting October 21

John Detcheverry ckutblue@COLBA.NET
Mon Oct 21 03:26:05 EDT 2013

Where It's At (Montreal Edition) live blues/roots the week starting October 21:

CKUT's annual Funding Drive will take place from Thursday October 24 to Sunday, November 3rd
Get the details at http://www.ckut.ca/funding/
["Men, let your wallets flop out and, women, open your purses" Captain Beefheart]
Please go to http://ckut.ca/pledge.php to pledge and make sure to click Cha Cha Cha In Blue where it says "pledge directly to a show"
I would like to raise $520 per show (I have 2 funding drive shows to do) ... that would be $10/week/year that my show kicks in to keep the station going ... We give you the
programmes ... you give us the money. Nobody gets hurt. Actually, it's WIN-WIN all around! Thanks for your support!

'Sutton en Blues' Series 2013 12th Edition
http://suttonenblues.com
Sutton en Blues is an annual series that takes place on the Saturdays of October and November. For more than a decade, the series has been hosted at L'Auberge des
Appalaches in Sutton. Packages available for shows, dinner & lodging. AUBERGE DES APPALACHES  234 MAPLE, SUTTON J0E 2K0  450 538-0037  877 533-5799
Oct 26  $25  David Vest (Alabama/Vancouver Island)
Nov 02  $25 Ben Racine Band (Montréal)
Nov 09 $30 Jack De Keyser (Toronto)
Nov 16 $25 Rick L. Blues (Montréal)
Nov 23 $30 Bob Walsh 4 (Montréal)

PROF. CRAIG MORRISON IS OFFERING A COOL LECTURE SERIES IN NOV @ McGILL U. ON THE HISTORY OF THE BLUES (AND HIS DYLAN LECTURES HAVE
ALREADY STARTED! VERY limited seating ... reserve now!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1401083973437848/?ref=22    https://www.facebook.com/MCGILLPACE

FOR THE SONGWRITERS OUT THERE:
The International Songwriting Competition deadline has been extended until November 4, 2013 www.songwritingcompetition.com
There is still time to enter your songs for a chance to share in over $150,000 in cash and prizes. A lot of Canadian artists have benefited from their participation in this
prestigious contest (Dale Boyle, Layla Zoe, and Suzie Vinnick, among others ... ISC accepts entries by mail or online (platforms include ISC, Sonicbids, ReverbNation, Broadjam, and Facebook). ISC will go to your Soundcloud, Bandcamp, YouTube, or Facebook, etc. page to listen to your songs (so you don't actually need to send them your songs!)

AQUARIUM CAFÉ BAR 2923 Masson    http://www.aquariumcafebar.ca/
Ven 25 oct Rick L. Blues (Duo blues) www.ricklblues.com
Sam 26 oct Anha Kondritz (World/Folk/Latin)

BISTRO À JOJO 1627 St-Denis, Mtl, Qc http://www.bistroajojo.com/
OCT 21-22-23 The Alec McElcheran Trio 22:00
24 Shane Murphy 22:30
25 Kenny Duprée and the Sound Brigade 22:30
26 Layla Zoe 22:30
27 CARLOS VEIGA and FRIENDS 22:00

BARFLY  4062A St-Laurent http://www.myspace.com/barflymtl
Sunday night: Bluegrass with Matt Large & Co.
Wednesday night blues with Colin Perry & Blind

GRUMPY’S CHICK PICKIN’ MONDAYS http://www.facebook.com/ChickPickinMondays
Host: Cecile DooKingue Guest Oct 21 Carolyn Fe
THURSDAY NIGHT BLUEGRASS JAM.

HOUSE OF JAZZ, 2060 Aylmer (514) 842-8656 http://houseofjazz.ca/
Wed Oct 23 7:30pm Snooky and the bandits
MONDAY: John Beaudine and Deep Blue (Steve Rowe will be sitting in)

BRASSERIE L'UNIK 805 Decarie, St. Laurent http://maisondubluesunik.blogspot.ca/
Blues Jam every Thursday night. Amps provided; bring your own instruments.
Host bands for Thursday night jams:
Oct 24 - Taste of Blues with Chissy
Oct 31 Miche Love and the Dynamite Blues Band

CALISTOGA BAR & GRILL Thursday Blues Night! Free! Plaza Pointe-Claire, 235 Boulevard Saint Jean (Donegani & Maywood)  514-630-7577 http://www.calistogagrill.ca/
Oct 24 Kim Adams & The House Cats
Oct 31 John McGale's Blues Force

SMOKED MEAT PETE 283 1st Avenue, Île Perrot, Quebec (514) 425-6068 http://www.smokemeatpete.com/Home.htm
Mon Devil Dawgs Jam Night
Tu Jimmy James Jam Night
Wed Texarillo Jam Night
Th Wang Dang Doodle Jam Night
Fri Paolo & Friends Jam Night
Sat 18h Pete & Hawk; 21h Lil Bubba Blues Band
Sun Chantal Ranger Trio (6-10pm)

UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay, 514.931.6808 http://upstairsjazz.com/
Thursday is Blues Night with Bharath and his Rhythm Four.

BAR LE ST-LAURENT 283 Notre Dame, Repentigny http://www.lesaint-laurentbar.com
Vendredis Rock ou Blues 7.00$ 10.25 à 21 h 30 Better Days
Samedis Le Net Blues Chauds 10.26 à 22 h 00 Zazoo Rock'N Blues
Mondays JAM nights with BlueZbox Band
Thursdays Ladies' night; de 22h00 à minuit, Ladies' Cocktail gratuit

MONTREAL LISTINGS! CKUT is now publishing Montreal listings of Music, Arts & Culture, and Community Events. Help us out by submitting your event to listings@ckut.ca

Want me to include your blues/roots gig in my show? Send me the info at ckutblue@colba.net  or invite me at www.facebook.com/chachachainblue.ckut

Do I have your latest music to play? Send it to:
John Detcheverry
Cha Cha Cha In Blue
6672 24th Avenue
Montreal, Qc H1T 3M7