Playlist: Two For The Blues 10/12/2013

Art Schuna aaschuna@WISC.EDU
Sun Oct 13 00:47:03 EDT 2013

Here's tonight's show featuring a set by Tony Hollins, who was a major
influence for John Lee Hooker. Two
for The Blues broadcasts from 8-10PM Central Time Saturday nights. It
may be heard at www.wortfm.org for
those outside of our broadcast range and is archive at that site for 2
weeks following broadcast in case you missed
it and want to check it out.

Art

Two for the Blues (Music) with Art Schuna 10/12/2013 08:00PM to 10:00PM
Luther Randolph & Johnny Stiles “CROSSROADS” from Cameo 45 (7 Inch) on
cameo
Margie Day “Take Out Your False Teeth Daddy” from Jumpin' the Blues on
Ace (UK)
Wynonie Harris “Lovin' Machine” from Lovin' Machine (2009) on Ace (UK)
Roy Brown “Butcher Pete” from Good Rockin' Tonight on Rhino (US)
Big Joe Turner “TV Mama” from Big Bad and Blue on Rhino (US)
Buddy Guy “Ain't That Peculiar” from Live At Legends 1/9/04 (CD)
Deak Harp “Mad Dog 20/20” from Mississippi Bound on None (U.S.)
Howell Devine “Rollin' And Tumblin'” from Jumps, Boogies & Wobbles
(2013) on Arhoolie (USA) New
Little G Weevil “Boogie Through My Troubles” from Moving (2013) on
Vizztone New
Tony Hollins “Crawlin' King Snake” from Juke Joints Vol. 4 on JSP (UK)
Tony Hollins “Cross Cut Saw Blues” from Roots n' Blues: The
Retrospective 1925-1950 Disc 4 on Columbia (USA)
Tony Hollins “Wine-O-Woman” from Chicago is Just That Way Disc 4 on JSP
(UK)
John Lee Hooker “BOOM BOOM” from Hooker Disc 2 (CD, 2006) on Shout
Factory (US)
John Lee Hooker “Ground Hog Blues” from Complete '50s Chess Recordings
on MCA (US)
John Lee Hooker “Tupelo Blues” from Hooker Disc 4 (CD, 2006) on Shout
Factory (US)
Willie Foster “Janie On My Mind” from Live at Airport Grocery (2011) on
I55 Productions LLC iBlues.com
Little Willie Foster “Falling Rain Blues” from The Parrot Records Blues
Story (2005) on Trigger Records
Snooky Pryor “Break It On Down” from Snooky Pryor and the Country Blues
(LP) on Today
Birdlegg “San Pablo” from Birdlegg on Dialtone New
Robert Petway “Catfish Blues” from Big Joe Williams & The Stars of
Mississippi Blues Disc 4 on JSP (UK)
James Booker “I'm Not Sayin'” from Classified: Remixed and Expanded
(2013) on Universal Music Group International (USA)
Professor Longhair “Tipitina” from Atlantic Rhythm & Blues 1947-74 Disc
2 on Atlantic (USA)
Dr. John “Memories of Professor Longhair” from Dr. John Plays Mac
Rebennack (CD) on Clean Cuts
Otis Taylor “HEY JOE” from Recapturing the Banjo (CD, 2008) on Telarc
Records (USA)
Guy Davis “Black Coffee (feat. Fabrizio Poggi)” from Juba Dance (2013)
on MC RECORDS New
Thrill Hill & The Real Deal “DO OR DIE” from Thrill Hill & The Real Deal
(CD) on None (U.S.)
Roosevelt Sykes “Dirty Mother For You” from Original Honeydripper on
Blind Pig (USA) New
Trampled Under Foot “Bad Bad Feeling” from Badlands (2013) on Telarc
(USA) New
Lurrie Bell “24 Hour Blues” from Blues In My Soul (2013) on delmark New
Bobby Rush “Blind Snake” from Blind Snake (2009) on Deep Rush