Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound & Messin' with the Blues, 11.16.13

Leslie Keros lkeros885@GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 18 14:21:24 EST 2013

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound
11.16.13, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Brother Jacob, "Wang Dang Doodle" / Blues from Below (Delmark)
2. Jimmy Burns, "Twelve Year Old Boy" / Leaving Here Walking (Delmark)
3. The Big Three Trio, "Wrinkles" / Chess Blues (Chess)
4. Slim Harpo, "Baby Scratch My Back" / The Best of Slim Harpo (Hip-O)
5. Magic Slim & the Teardrops, "Cummins Prison Farm" / That Ain't Right
(Delmark)
6. John Primer, "Woke Up This Morning" / Easy Baby: Zoo Bar Collection,
Vol. 6 (Wolf)
7. Koko Taylor, "Never Trust a Man" / From the Heart of a Woman (Alligator)
8. A.C. Reed, "I Stay Mad" / The Age/Chief Blues Story (Fuel 2000)
9. David Honeyboy Edwards, "Build Myself a Cave" / White Windows (Evidence)
10. Eddie Boyd, "My Idea" / Five Long Years (Evidence)
11. Floyd Jones, "Stockyard Blues" / Chicago Blues 1940-1947 (Frémeaux &
Associés)
12. Barrelhouse Chuck, "Floyd's Blues" / Got My Eyes on You (Sirens)
13. Junior Wells, "Rock Me Baby" (previously unreleased) / Delmark 60 Years
of Blues (Delmark)

Messin' with the Blues
11.16.13, 11 p.m.-midnight

This week we let American and British rockers mess with the blues, with a
starring role played by members of the Rolling Stones.

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Duane Allman & Eric Clapton, "Mean Old World" / Crossroads (Polydor)
2. Fleetwood Mac, "Drifting" / Fleetwood Mac in Chicago (Sire/Blue Horizon)
3. Dion, "Walkin' Blues" / Bronx in Blue (Orchard)
4. Ben Waters w/members of the Rolling Stones, "Watching the River Flow" /
Boogie 4 Stu: A Tribute to Ian Stewart (Eagle)
5. Muddy Waters w/members of the Rolling Stones, "Mannish Boy" /
Checkerboard Lounge: Live Chicago 1981 (Eagle Rock)
6. Chris Jagger, Mick Jagger, and members of Atcha Acoustic, "Racketeer
Blues" / This Is the Blues--Vol. One (Eagle Rock)
7. Barry Goldberg, "Let It Bleed" / Stoned Again (Antone's/Texas Music
Group)
8. Robin Trower, "Hound Dog" / Roots and Branches (V12)
9. Canned Heat, "Blues After Hours" / Instrumentals 1967-1996 (Ruf)
10. Jimi Hendrix, "Hear My Train a Comin' (acoustic)" / Blues (Classic
Compact Disc)
11. North Mississippi Allstars, "I'd Love to Be a Hippy" / Hernando (Cortex)

Leslie Keros
WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues
WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio (www.taintradio.org) and Radio Free Amsterdam (
www.radiofreeamsterdam.com)