Playlist: Two For The Blues 11/9/2013

Art Schuna aaschuna@WISC.EDU
Sun Nov 10 10:32:44 EST 2013

Here's last night's show including a tribute to King Records whose first
records were released 70 years ago this month and to Bobbie Parker.
Two For The Blues broadcasts from 8-10PM Central time Saturday nights
and may be heard at www.wortfm.org for those outside of our
broadcast range. The show is archived at this website for 2 weeks
following broadcast for those who missed it and want to check it out.

Art

Two for the Blues (Music) with Art Schuna 11/09/2013 08:00PM to 10:00PM
Luther Randolph & Johnny Stiles “CROSSROADS” from Cameo 45 (7 Inch) on
cameo
Hank Ballard & The Midnighters “Look At Little Sister” from Nothing But
Good on Bear Family (UK)
James Brown “THINK” from The Singles, Vol. 1: The Federal Years on Hip-O
Select (US)
Little Willie John “I'm Shakin” from King Sessions on Ace (UK)
Freddie King “Have You Ever Loved A Woman” from Taking Care of Business
Disc 1 on Bear Family (UK)
Little Willie John “SPASMS” from The King Sessions on Ace (UK)
Bobby Parker Tribute
Bobby Parker “WATCH YOUR STEP” from London American Story: 1961 (2012)
on One Day Music
Bobby Parker “You Got What It Takes” from East Coast Guitar Killers Vol.
1 on El Segundo
Bobby Parker “BLUES GET OFF MY SHOULDER” from East Coast Guitar Killers
Vol. 1 on El Segundo
Bobby Parker “It's Hard But It's Fair” from It's Hard But It's Fair (MP3)
Bobby Parker “Once Upon A Time” from Once Upon A Time (MP3)
In Madison this week
Robert Randolph & The Family Band “Amped Up” from Lickety Split (2013)
on BLUE NOTE (USA) New
Trombone Shorty “Say That To Say This” from Say That To Say This (2013)
on Verve (USA) New
Lil Ed and The Blues Imperials “IF YOU WERE MINE” from Jump Start (CD,
2012) on Alligator Records (USA)

Lucky Lopez Evans “Bartime” from Bartime (1998) on None (US) (unreleased
recording)
Professor Longhair “CRY TO ME” from Crawfish Fiesta (Bonus Track
Version) [Remastered] (1980) on Alligator Records (USA)
Snooks Eaglin “It's Your Thing” from Live In Japan (2006) on Black Top
(USA)
Trudy Lynn “Confessin' The Blues” from Royal Oaks Blues Cafe on Connor
Ray New
Sheba “Butter On My Rolls” from Butter On My Rolls on Sheba New
Birdlegg “Draw In Your Lip” from Birdlegg on Dialtone New
Milton Hopkins & Jewel Brown “JERRY” from Milton Hopkins & Jewel Brown
(CD, 2012) on Dialtone
Guy Davis & Fabrizio Poggi “Dance Juba Dance” from Saturday Blues (2013)
on M.C. Records New
Eric Bibb “Drinkin' Gourd” from Jericho Road (2013) on Stony Plain
Records New
Sunny James “Please Mam Forgive Me” from Texas Country Blues 1948-51 on
Flyright
Joe Carter “Treat Me The Way That You Do” from Mean & Evil Blues on
P-Vine (Japan)
Elmore James “The Sky Is Crying” from King of the Slide Guitar (CD,
1992) on Charly (UK)
Robert Nighthawk “Crying Won't Help You” from Bricks In My Pillow (CD,
1977) on delmark (USA)
Toronzo Cannon “John the Conquer Root” from John the Conquer Root (2013)
on delmark (USA) New
Sugaray Rayford “I Might Do Something Crazy” from Dangerous (2013) on
DELTA GROOVE PRODUCTIONS New
Holland K. Smith “Cobalt” from Cobalt (2013) on Ellersoul Records New
Cyril Neville “Swamp Funk” from Magic Honey (2013) on Ruf Records GmbH New
Mavis Staples “Can You Get To That” from One True Vine (MP3, 2013) on
Anti (USA) New