Playlists: WDCB Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues, 11.2.13

Leslie Keros lkeros885@GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 4 04:45:23 EST 2013

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

11.2.13, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Sunnyland Slim, "Slim's Shout" / Slim's Shout (Prestige)

2. Elmore James, "Hand in Hand" / King of the Slide Guitar (Eclipse Music
Group)

3. Demetria Taylor, "Bad Girl" / Bad Girl (Delmark)

4. Byther Smith, "You Ought to Be Ashamed" / Hold That Train (Delmark)

5. Artie White, "Dark End of the Street" / Dark End of the Street (Ichiban)

6. John Brim, "Old Time Boogie" / Ice Cream Man (Tone-Cool)

7. Carlos Johnson, "I Wonder Why" / Live at BLUES on Halsted (Carlos
Johnson)

8. Curtis Jones, "Tin Pan Alley" / Lonesome Bedroom Blues (Delmark)

9. Deitra Farr, "Waiting for the Blues" / The Search Is Over (JSP)

10. Dave Specter & the Bluebirds with Barkin' Bill, "Railroad Station
Blues" / Bluebird Blues (Delmark)

11. Jimmy Rogers, "Chicago Bound" / Complete Chess Recordings (Chess 50th
Anniversary) (Chess)

Messin' with the Blues

11.2.13, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Pete Thomas and the Horns-a-Plenty, "Blackjack Jump" / Big (Mermaid)

2. Karrin Allyson, "Love Me Like a Man" / In Blue (Concord)

3. Rod Piazza, "I Had My Fun" / Vintage Live: 1975 (Tone-Cool)

4. Cécile McLorin Salvant, "St. Louis Gal" / Woman Child (Mack Avenue)

5. Peter Cincotti, "St. Louis Blues" / On The Moon (Concord)

6. Ben Webster, "Nasty Attitude" / 100 Years: The Brute and the Beautiful
(Storyville)

7. Ray Charles, "Get on the Right Track Baby" / The Birth of Soul (Atlantic)

8. Joe Williams, "Goin' to Chicago Blues" / Nothin' but the Blues (Delos)

9. Albert King, "Don't Throw Your Love on Me So Strong" / The Big Blues
(King)

10. Paul Rishell, "Sweet Jivin' Mama" / Moving to the Country (Tone-Cool)

11. Janis Joplin, "One Good Man" / Essential Janis Joplin (Columbia)

12. Corey Ledet, "Gabriel Ldet Two Step" / Nothin' but the Best (Corey
Ledet)

13. Charles Brown, "My Heart Is Mended" / So Goes Love (Verve)

14. Memphis Slim, "If the Rabbit Had a Gun" / The Folkways Years: 1959-1973
(Smithsonian Folkways)

15. Mark Hummel, "Rock & Roll Baby" / Married to the Blues (Flying Fish)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio (www.taintradio.org) and Radio Free Amsterdam (
www.radiofreeamsterdam.com)