PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 2/16/13

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 16 19:07:27 EST 2013

My show #686. The Saturday Blue Plate Special was inspired by the increasing elusive almighty dollar.  Also a farewell to Roscoe Chenier.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)101 CAC WWSP Reserve Street UWSP Stevens Point WI 54481 Saturdays 3-7PM

listen live www.uwsp.edu/stuorg.wwsp
February 16, 2013
Muddy Waters /When the Eagle Flies /They Call Me Muddy Waters /Chess
"Revisiting Tuneage from the Library"
Muddy Waters /Can't be Satisfied /Newport Folk Festival 1959-1968 v1 /Vanguard
Mance Lipscomb /God Moves on the Water (Sinking of the Titanic) /Newport Folk Festival 1959-1968 v2 /Vanguard
Little Brother Montgomery /Santa Fe /Bluesville Years v12 /Prestige

Billy Boy Arnold /Get Out of Here /Bluesville Years v12 /Prestige
Elmore James /Long Tall Woman /Fifties Juke Joint Blues /Flair

Floyd Dixon /Doin' the Town /Fifties Juke Joint Blues /Flair
Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets /Changing Neighborhoods /Sins /HepCat

Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets /Trying to Make You Mine /Sins /HepCat
Snooks Eaglin /Irene /Blues-a-Rama v5 /Black Top

Hubert Sumlin /Your Clock is Running Out /Blues-a-Rama v5 /Black Top
Jimmy Rogers /Blow Wind Blow /Blues, Blues, Blues /Atlantic

Jimmy Rogers /Trouble No More /Blues, Blues, Blues /Atlantic

"Blues had a Baby..."
Jack Bruce /First Time I Met the Blues /Cities of the Heart v1 /CMP

Jack Bruce /Ships in the Night /Cities of the Heart v1 /CMP

New on the Menu

Robert Randolph Presents /Catch That Train /The Slide Brothers /Concord

Lucky Peterson /You Shook Me /Live at the 55 Arts Club Berlin /Black Bird

Buddy Guy /Coming for You /Live at Legends /Silvertone

Lorenzo Menzerschmidt /Police Dog Blues /self titled /LMS

Kevin Selfe /Midnight Creeper /Long Walk Home /Delta Groove
Grady Champion /Things Aren't What They Used to Be /Tough Times Don't Last Always /GSM

4 Jacks /title track /Deal With It /Eller Soul

Andy T and Nick Nixon /Life is Too Short /Drink Drank Drunk /Delta Groove
James Harman's Bamboo Porch /Convenience Store Party Bag /Live at Little Village /Gulf Coast

Farewell to Roscoe Chenier
Family and Friends from Opelousas and Around
Big Chenier /The Dog and his Puppies /Goldband Records Anthology /Ace
Tal Miller /Life's Journey /Goldband Records Anthology /Ace
Clifton Chenier /Wherever You Go, I'll Go /Zodico Blues and Boogie /Specialty
Lil' Buck Sinegal /You Gotta Do Everything I Say /The Buck Stops Here /NYNO
The Man
Clifon Chenier /Just Because /self titled /Avenue Jazz

Clifon Chenier /5:19 Blues /Roscoe Style /Black and Tan

Clifon Chenier /Come on Home /D2D /Analogue Production Originals

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "It's All About the Money"
Peetie Wheatstraw /The Last Dime /Essential /Classic
Robert Nighthawk /I Have Spent My Bonus /Bluebird Recordings '37-'38 /RCA
George Curry /My Last Five Dollars /Roots and Blues box v3 /Columbia
Big Bill Broonzy /I'll Never Dream Again /War and Post War Years '40-'41 /JSP
Cootie Williams /Stingy Blues /County Jail Blues v3 /EPM
Gatemouth Moore /I'd Give It to You /Cryin' and Singin' the Blues /Savoy Jazz
Bull Moose Jackson /We Can Talk Some Trash /1947-1950 /Classic
Julia Lee /Don't Save It Too Long /That's What I Like /Mercury
Detroit Junior /Money Tree /Meat and Gravy from Bea and Baby /Castle
Little Walter Jacobs /Dead Presidents /Essential /Chess
Gatemouth Brown /Dollar Got the Blues /Okie Dokie Stomp /Bullseye
Gary Primich /Stone Broke /My Pleasure /Amazing
Steve Freund /I Love Money /"C" for Chicago /Delmark
Larry Garner /A Real Gambling Woman /Once Upon the Blues /Ruf
Mud Morganfield /Money Can't Buy Everything /Son of the Seventh Son /Severn
Mannish Boys /That Dood It /Double Dynamite /Delta Groove
Super Chikan /Mr. Jimmy /Welcome to Bluesville /self