Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound & Messin' with the Blues, 12.14.13

Leslie Keros lkeros885@GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 18 13:21:10 EST 2013

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound
12.14.13, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Aaron Moore, "Real Throw Down" / Boot 'Em Up (Delmark)
2. Roosevelt Sykes, "Running the Boogie" / The Original Honeydripper (Blind
Pig)
3. Jim Brewer, "Shak-A-You Boogie" / Jim Brewer--Live at Kirkland College
(Philo)
4. Carl Weathersby, "Looking Out My Window" / Looking Out My Window
(Evidence)
5. Hound Dog Taylor, "Fender Bender" / Genuine Houserockin' Music
(Alligator)
6. Michael Bloomfield, "Stop" / Don't Say That I Ain't Your Man (Legacy)
7. Sam Lay, "Sam's Big Boy" / I Get Evil (Random Chance)
8. Art Hodes, "You've Got to Give Me Some" / I Remember Bessie (Delmark)
9. Jody Williams, "What Kind of Gal Is That?" / Chess Blues Guitar: Two
Decades of Killer Fretwork, 1949-1969 (MCA)
10. Buster Benton, "Blues and Trouble" / Blues at the Top (Evidence)
11. Arbee Stidham, "Mr. Commissioner" / Chess Blues (Chess)
12. Bumble Bee Slim, "Policy Dream Blues" / Bumble Bee Slim: The Essential
(Classic Blues)
13. Blind Blake, "Playing Policy Blues" / All the Published Sides (JSP)
14. Lonnie Brooks, "Move Over, Little Dog" / Living Chicago Blues, Vol. 2
(Alligator)

Messin' with the Blues
12.14.13, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Bobby Rush, "I Got 3 Problems" / Raw (Deep Rush)
2. Larry Williams, "Little School Girl" / Specialty Profiles (Specialty)
3. Frank Frost with Sam Carr, "Frank's Boogie Woogie" / Keep Yourself
Together (Evidence)
4. Ramsey Lewis, "Look-A-Here" / 20th Century Masters--The Millennium
Collection: The Best of Ramsey Lewis (Chess)
5. Billie Holiday, "Swing, Brother, Swing" / Billie Holiday: The Legacy Box
1933-1958 (Columbia)
6. B.B. King, "Paying the Cost to Be the Boss" / Blues d'Azur (Music Avenue)
7. Danny Gatton and Joey DeFrancesco, "Blues on the Half Shell" /
Relentless (Big Mo Records)
8. Eden Brent, "Later Than You Think" / Ain't Got No Troubles (Yellow Dog
Records)
9. Taj Mahal, "Going Up to the Country, Paint My Mailbox Blue" / The
Natch'l Blues (Columbia/Legacy)
10. Lavelle White, "At Last" / Into the Mystic (Antone)
11. Chris Smither, "Frankie & Albert" / Avalon Blues: A Tribute to the
Music of Mississippi John Hurt (Vanguard)
12. Reginald R. Robinson, "Swampy Lee" / Delmark--50 Years of Jazz and
Blues: Blues (Delmark)
13. Jimmy Witherspoon, "Ain't Nobody's Business" / The Swingtime Records
Story (Capricorn)
14. Count Basie, "Blues for Little Jazz" / Kansas City 6 (Original Jazz
Classics)

Leslie Keros
WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues
WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio (www.taintradio.org) and Radio Free Amsterdam (
www.radiofreeamsterdam.com)