Playlist: Two For The Blues 12/14/2013

Art Schuna aaschuna@WISC.EDU
Sun Dec 15 10:21:50 EST 2013

Here's last night's show featuring a tribute to Joe Bihari and sets by
Jerron "Blind Boy" Paxton and Little Willie Foster. Two for the Blues
broadcasts from 8-10PM Central time and
may be heard at www.wortfm.org for those outside of our broadcast range.
The show is available for streaming audio for 2 weeks following
broadcast at the website archive for
those who missed it and want to check it out.

Art

Two for the Blues (Music) with Art Schuna 12/14/2013 08:00PM to 10:00PM
Luther Randolph & Johnny Stiles “CROSSROADS” from Cameo 45 (7 Inch) on
cameo
Tiny Topsy “Just A Little Bit” from I'll Go Crazy: The Federal Records
Story on One Day Music (UK)
Cal Green “The Search Is Over” from I'll Go Crazy: The Federal Records
Story disc 2 on One Day Music (UK)
Billy Ward & His Dominoes “Have Mercy Baby” from I'll Go Crazy: The
Federal Records Story Disc 1 on One Day Music (UK)
Jimmy Nolen “The Way You Do” from I'll Go Crazy: The Federal Records
Story disc 2 on One Day Music (UK)
Elmore James & His Broomdusters “I Held My Baby Last Night” from Classic
Early Recordings 1951-56 (2013) on Ace Records (UK)
Etta James “W-O-M-A-N” from Complete Modern & Kent Recordings on Ace (UK)
John Lee Hooker “Boogie Chillen'” from Legendary Modern Recordings on
Ace (UK)
BB King “Three O'Clock Blues” from Singin' The Blues/The Blues on Point
Blank
Johnny "Guitar" Watson “Hot Little Mama” from Hot Just Like TNT on Ace (UK)
Ike Turner “Looking For My Baby” from A Proper Introduction to Ike
Turner/Jackie Brenston on Proper (UK)
RL Burnside “Rollin' and Tumblin'” from First Recordings (CD) on Fat
Possum (USA) Request
Little Willie Foster “Falling Rain Blues” from The Parrot Records Blues
Story (2005) on Trigger Records
Little Willie Foster “Four Day Jump” from The Parrot Records Blues Story
(2005) on Trigger Records
Little Willie Foster “Crying The Blues” from Chicago Blues Harmonica on
Paula (USA)
Jimmy Rogers “Walking By Myself (Single Version)” from Complete Chess
Recordings on MCA (US)
Luther Huff “Bull Dog Blues” from Delta Blues 1951 on Acoustic Archive
Snooky Pryor “Fine Boogie” from Real Fine Boogie (2012) on 2012 Jewel
Records
Blind Lemon Jefferson “Crawling Baby Blues” from All The Classic Sides
Disc D on JSP (UK)
Chick Willis “Stoop Down Baby Let Your Daddy See” from Stoop Down Baby
Let Your Daddy See (1972) on Collectables (US)
Big Jack Johnson “Rudolph Got Drunk Last Night” from Rudolph Got Drunk
Last Night (MP3) on Rooster (UK)
Clyde Lasley “Santa Claus Home Drunk” from Bea & Baby Vol. 2 on Wolf
(Austria)
Eddie C. Campbell “Santa's Messin' With The Kid” from King Of The Jungle
(1977) on Rooster (UK)
Jerron "Blind Boy" Paxton “Garbage Man” from Direct to Disc Vol. 2 (LP)
on APO New
Jerron "Blind Boy" Paxton “Motherless Child” from Direct to Disc Vol. 1
(LP) on APO New
Jerron "Blind Boy" Paxton “219 Train” from Direct to Disc Vol. 2 (LP) on
APO New
Tony Joe White “Who You Gonna Hoodoo Now” from Hoodoo (CD, 2013) on Yep
Roc (USA) New
Blues Doctors “Put It Where You Want It” from Roosters Happy Hour on
Modern Blues Harmonica New
Tom Principato “Robert Johnson Told Me So” from Robert Johnson Told Me
So (2013) on Dixiefrog New
Lurrie Bell “Blues In My Soul” from Blues In My Soul (2013) on delmark
(USA)
Doug Macleod “The Entitled Few” from There's a Time (2013) on Reference
Recordings (USA)
James Cotton “He Was There” from Cotton Mouth Man (2013) on Alligator (USA)
Cash Box Kings “Black Toppin'” from Black Toppin' (CD, 2013) on BLIND
PIG RECORDS (USA)
Bobby Rush “Down In Louisiana” from Down In Louisiana (2013) on (RED)
Deep Rush