Playlist: Two For The Blues 11/30/2013

Art Schuna aaschuna@WISC.EDU
Sun Dec 1 09:56:40 EST 2013

Here's last night's show featuring sets of music about food for the
Thanksgiving holiday. Also Charles Bradley is coming to town next
Wednesday so I did a set including a tune released Friday on a Record
Store Day 45. Finally I played both sides of a 45 issue of a previously
unreleased acetate by Arthur Big Boy Crudup from 1952 on the Champion
label. My show Two For The Blues broadcasts from 8-10PM Central time
Saturday nights. The show may be heard at www.wortfm.org for those
outside of our broadcast range. The show is archived at that site for 2
weeks following broadcast if you missed it and want to check it out.

Art

Two for the Blues (Music) with Art Schuna 11/30/2013 08:00PM to 10:00PM
Luther Randolph & Johnny Stiles “CROSSROADS” from Cameo 45 (7 Inch) on
cameo
Hank Ballard & The Midnighters “Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go” from
Nothing But Good Disc 4 on Bear Family (Germany) Request
Hank Ballard & The Midnighters “Look At Little Sister” from Nothing But
Good Disc 3 on Bear Family (Germany) Request
Hank Ballard & The Midnighters “No It Ain't” from Nothing but Good Disc
1 on Bear Family (Germany) Request
Hank Ballard & The Midnighters “Rock Granny Roll” from Nothing But Good
Disc 2 on Bear Family (Germany) Request
Arthur Big Boy Crudup “She's My Baby” from She's My Baby (7 Inch, 1952)
on Champion
Lowell Fulson “Three O'Clock Blues” from Trouble, Trouble (1948) on
Fantastic Voyage (UK)
Arthur Big Boy Crudup “The Moon Is Rising” from The Moon Is Rising
(1952) on Champion
Lowell Fulson “Blue Shadows” from Trouble, Trouble (1948) on Fantastic
Voyage (UK)
Charles Bradley “The World (Is Going Up In Flames)” from No Time For
Dreaming (CD, 2011) on Daptone
Charles Bradley “Ain't It A Sin” from Ain't It A Sin on Dunham
Charles Bradley “Victim of Love (feat. Menahan Street Band)” from Victim
of Love (CD, 2013) on Daptone
John Lennon “COLD TURKEY refrain only” from COLD TURKEY single
Louis Jordan “Chicken Backs” from Rock & Roll Call (1955) on Bear Family
(Germany)
Dr. Ross “Turkey Bakin' Woman” from Juke Box Boogie- Sun Years Plus on
Bear Family (Germany)
Julia Lee & Her Boy Friends “The Spinach Song (I Didn't Like It The
First Time)” from Kansas City Star Disc 3 (1949) on Bear Family (Germany)
Memphis Minnie “Good Biscuits” from Complete Recordings Vol. 4 (1938-39)
(1938) on Document (U.S.)
Sonny Boy Williamson I “Good Gravy” from Complete Recordings Disc 2
(1938-39) (1939) on Document (U.S.)
Louis Jordan “Beans & Cornbread” from Best of Louis Jordan on MCA (US)
Buddy Johnson “Hey Sweet Potato” from R&B Years 1947 disc 2 on Boulevard
Vintage (USA)
Champion Jack Duprée “Cabbage Greens No 1” from New Orleans Barrelhouse
& Boogie on Sony (USA)
Andre Williams “Bacon Fat” from Mr. Rhythm on RR
Milt Trenier “Day Old Bread” from R&B From The Radio Corporation Vol. 1
on Westside (UK)
Champion Jack Duprée “Hamhocks & Lima Beans” from Walkin' The Road on Epm
Hurricane Harry “The Last Meal” from Okeh Rhythm & Blues Story 1949-57
on Okeh (USA)
James Son Thomas “Beefsteak Blues” from Beefsteak Blues (1982) on
Evidence (USA)
Willie King “Sweet Potato Man” from ONE LOVE (2006) on Freedom Creek
James "Son" Thomas “Catfish Blues” from Beefsteak Blues on Evidence (USA)
Trudy Lynn “FEEL IT” from Royal Oaks Blues Cafe (2013) on Connor Ray New
Frank Bey & The Anthony Paule Band “I DON'T KNOW WHY” from Soul For Your
Blues (2013) on BLUE DOT New
Ursula Ricks “MY STREET” from My Street on Severn New
Charlie Musselwhite “Strange Land” from Juke Joint Chapel (2013) on
Henrietta New
Paul Butterfield Blues Band “Blues With A Feeling” from The Paul
Butterfield Blues Band (CD, 1987) on Elektra (USA)
Charlie Musselwhite “Christo Redentor” from Juke Joint Chapel (2013) on
Henrietta New
Donny Hathaway “I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know” from Never My
Love: The Anthology on Atco/Rhino New