Playlist: WDCB Chicago Bound & Messin' with the Blues, 11.30.13

Leslie Keros lkeros885@GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 1 01:14:00 EST 2013

WDCB 90.9 FM, Glen Ellyn, IL

Chicago Bound

11.30.13, 10-11 p.m.

Theme music: Robert Jr. Lockwood, "Lockwood's Boogie" / Steady Rollin' Man
(ZYX)

1. Little Walter Trio, "Just Keep Lovin' Her" (previously unreleased)/
Delmark 60 Years of Blues (Delmark)

2. Billy Boy Arnold, "Memphis Slim USA" / Chicago Blues: A Living History
(Raisin Music)

3. Johnny Temple, "I Believe I'll Go Downtown Again" / Broke, Black & Blue:
Vol. 4 (Proper)

4. Hubert Sumlin (w/Sunnyland Slim and Willie Dixon), "We Gonna Jump" /
Blues Anytime! (Evidence)

5. Hubert Sumlin, "Boogin' All Alone" / My Guitar & Me (Evidence)

6. Lurrie Bell and Phil Guy, "What Can a Poor Man Do" / Chicago's Hottest
Guitars: Chicago Blues Session, Vol. 25 (Wolf)

7. Big Leon Brooks, "Chromatic Stomp" / Let's Go to Town (Earwig)

8. Fenton Robinson, "You Don't Know What Love Is" / Somebody Loan Me a Dime
(Alligator)

9. Billy Flynn, "All the Luv Is Gone" / Billy's Blues (Easy Baby)

10. Little Brother Montgomery, "No Special Rider Blues" / Paramount Masters
(JSP)

11. L.V. Banks, "Blue Guitar" / Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear (Wolf)

12. Eddie C. Campbell, "Jump, Jump, Jump" / From West Helena to Chicago
(Wolf)

13. Kokomo Arnold, "Sagefield Woman Blues" / Kokomo Arnold: The Essential
(Classic Blues)

14. Johnny Big Moose Walker, "Sunnyland Blues" / Living Chicago Blues, Vol.
2 (Alligator)

15. Luther Allison, "The Things I Used to Do" / Soul Fixin' Man (Alligator)

Messin' with the Blues

11.30.13, 11 p.m.-midnight

Theme music: Erwin Helfer, "Stop Time Boogie" / 8 Hands on 88 Keys: Chicago
Blues Piano Masters (Sirens)

1. Arthur Adams, "Blue Roots" / Stomp the Floor (Delta Groove)

2. Junior Mance Trio, "Going to Chicago" / Live at Cafe Loup (Cafe Loup)

3. Clara Smith, "Down in the Mouf Blues" / Clara Smith: The Essential
(Classic Blues)

4. Albert Collins, "Frosty" / Plug It In! Turn It Up! Electric Blues--The
Definitive Collection, Pt. 2: 1954-1967 (Bear Family Records)

5. Earl Hooker, "Improvisations on Frosty" / Moon Is Rising (Arhoolie)

6. Earl Hooker (w/Charles Brown and Red Holloway), "Driftin' Blues" /
Simply the Best (MCA)

7. Illinois Jacquet, "Adam's Alley" / The Illinois Jacquet Story (Proper)

8. Roomful of Blues, "Straight Jacquet" / 45 Live (Alligator)

9. Henry Butler, "Butler's Boogie" / Blues After Sunset (Black Top)

10. Nightcrawlers, "The Sendoff" / Nightcrawlers Volume 3 (Cellar Live)

Leslie Keros

WDCB 90.9 FM Glen Ellyn, IL, Chicago Bound and Messin' with the Blues

WHPK 88.5 FM Chicago, Crossroads: Where Jazz Meets Blues

Also heard on Taintradio (www.taintradio.org) and Radio Free Amsterdam (
www.radiofreeamsterdam.com)