Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 9/26/12 w/Bill Payne of Little Feat

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 26 14:23:09 EDT 2012

9/26/2012: www.SoundsofBlue.com Playlist:
http://wfdu.radioactivity.fm/playlist.html?showoid=5771&date=09-26-2012
On Demand Replay:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/57585/sounds-of-blue
Interviews: Bill Payne calls in to talk about his gig (with Dennis McNally)
at NYC's Iridium & talks about Little Feat's latest "Rooster Rag"
Births: Ray Charles (82) Eddie Bo (82) Roy Buchanan (73) Les McCann (77)
Jackie Payne (77) Dick Heckstall-Smith (78) John Zacherle (Still haunting us
at 94) & more!
<New update:> For the 5th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2012
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
Text playlist for 9/26/2012 Sounds of Blue
Time ∧  Title  Artist  Album  Label  Genre
09:09 am  Nothing Like a Hundred Miles w/BB King  Ray Charles -Birthday 82
Just Between Us  Columbia  Soul
09:12 am  Let's Go Get Stoned w/Billy Preston  Ray Charles -Birthday 82
I'ts a Blues Thing  Monad Records  Soul
09:16 am  (Night Time Is) The Right Time  Ray Charles -Birthday 82  The Best
of the Atlantic Years  Atlantic - Rhino  Soul
09:20 am  I Won't Leave 'Til I Get What I Come For w/Freddie Robinson  Ray
Charles -Birthday 82  It's a Blues Thing  Monad Records  Soul
09:24 am  Greenbacks  Ray Charles -Birthday 82  The Best of the Atlantic
Years  Atlantic - Rhino  Blues
09:27 am  Save the Bones for Henry Jones w/Lou Rawls & Milt Jackson  Ray
Charles -Birthday 82  Just Between Us  Columbia  Blues
09:30 am  It Should Have Been Me  Ray Charles -Birthday 82  The Best of the
Atlantic Years  Atlantic - Rhino
09:33 am  Lonely Avenue  Booker T. & The MG's  Green Onions 50th Anniversary
Edition  Stax - Concord  Blues
09:36 am  Lonely Avenue  Ray Charles -Birthday 82  The Best of the Atlantic
Years  Atlantic - Rhino  Blues
09:39 am  Can't Sit Down (live)  Booker T. & The MG's  Green Onions 50th
Anniversary Edition  Stax Remasters  Soul
09:44 am  Eddie's Rubber Band  Eddie Bo - Birthday 82  The Hook and Sling
Funky Delicacies  Funk
09:47 am  All That I've Got w/Deitra Farr  Raphael Wressnig & Alex Schultz
Soul Gift  www.RaphaelWressnig.com  Soul
09:51 am  Sissy Walk  Eddie Bo - Birthday 82  The Hook and Sling  Funky
Delicacies  Funk
09:56 am  Just Wonder  Eddie Bo - Birthday 82  The Hook and Sling  Funky
Delicacies  Funk
10:00 am  Various  Flashback Hour  http://wfdu.fm  www.SoundsofBlue.com
10:03 am  Voodoo Chile  Jackie Payne - Birthday 77  Kenny "Blue" Ray
"Soulful Blues"  Tone King Records
10:10 am  Hey Joe  Roy Buchanan - Birthday 73  American Axe - Live In 1974
Powerhouse
10:18 am  Little Red Riding Hood  John Zacherle - Birthday 94  Monster
Mash/Scary Tales  Cameo Parkway-ABKCO
10:22 am  Set Us Free  Les McCann - Birthday 77  Second Movement w/Eddie
Harris  Atlantic - Label M
10:33 am  I Can't Live Without You  Dick Heckstall-Smith -Birthday 78
Colosseum Live  Sequel
10:40 am  Foxy Lady  Roy Buchanan - Birthday 73  Live at Rockpalast
www.mig-music.de
10:43 am  Lost Angeles  Dick Heckstall-Smith -Birthday 78  Colosseum Live
Sequel
11:03 am  Promised Land  Grateful Dead  Dave's Picks Vol. 2 - 5/25/77
www.Dead.net - www.Rhino.com  Rock & Roll
11:07 am  Interview  Dennis McNally  http://wfdu.fm  www.SoundsofBlue.com
11:22 am  Cassidy  Grateful Dead  Dave's Picks Vol. 1 - 5/25/77
www.Dead.net - www.Rhino.com
11:27 am  The Gumbo Variations  Frank Zappa  Hot Rats-2012 Remaster  Zappa
Records
11:40 am  If It's Good To You It's Good For You  Eddie Bo - Birthday 82  The
Hook and Sling  Funky Delicacies  Funk
11:45 am  Pigmy  Raphael Wressnig & Alex Schultz  Soul Gift
www.RaphaelWressnig.com  Funk
11:49 am  Mo' Onions  Booker T. & The MG's  Green Onions 50th Anniversary
Edition  Stax Remasters  Soul
11:50 am  Compared to What  Les McCann - Birthday 77  Swiss Movement w/Eddie
Harris  Atlantic  Soul
12:04 pm  Way Down Under  Little Feat  Rooster Rag  Rounder
12:08 pm  Interview  Bill Payne  http://wfdu.fm  www.SoundsofBlue.com
12:32 pm  Rag Top Down  Little Feat  Rooster Rag  Rounder
12:38 pm  Lazy Lightning-Suplication  Grateful Dead  Dave's Picks Vol. 1 -
5/25/77  www.Dead.net - www.Rhino.com
12:46 pm  Around and Around  Grateful Dead  Dave's Picks Vol. 1 - 5/25/77
www.Dead.net - www.Rhino.com
12:55 pm  Johnny B. Goode  Grateful Dead  Dave's Picks Vol. 1 - 5/25/77
www.Dead.net - www.Rhino.com  Rock & Roll
12:58 pm  Let's Twist Again ((Mummy Time Is Here)  John Zacherle -
Birthday 94  Monster Mash/Scary Tales  Cameo Parkway-ABKCO