PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/22/12

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 22 18:50:43 EDT 2012

My show # 670. "Follicle Blues" was the Saturday Blue Plate Special today, including some tuneage from artists who made fashion statements with their hair.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
listen live www.uwsp.edu/stuorg.wwsp
September 22, 2012
Muddy Waters /You Shook Me /His Best '56-'64 /Chess
"This Date in the Blues"
1936 Tampa Kid /Keep on Trying /Bottleneck Guitar Masterpieces /Yazoo
1944 Sister Rosetta /Singing in My Soul /Gospel of the  Blues /MCA
1959 MS Fred McDowell /Going Down the River /First Recordings /Rounder
1949 Chris Powell /Rock This Joint /Okeh R and B Story v1 /Okeh
1969 Hot Tuna /Don't You Leave Me Here /self titled /RCA
1972 Arvella Gray /More Pretty Girls Than One /The Singing Drifter /Conjur
1982 Eugene Powell /Police in Mississippi /Last Giants of Mississippi Blues /Wolf
2003 Louisiana Red /Mary Dee Special /No Turn on Red /HMG

New on the Menu

Sunny Crownover /Cook in Your Kitchen /Right Here Right Now /Shining Stone

Rick Holmstrom /title track /Cruel Sunrise /M.C.

Ian Siegal /Strong Woman /Candy Store Kid /Nugene
Tom Rigney /Florida Blues /Back Streets /Parhelion
Danny Caron /I Don't Want to Know /Jazz and Blues /self
Bnois King and Smokin' Joe Kubek /Drowning in Red Ink /Close to the Bone /Delta Groove

Big Walker /It's Hard /Root Walking /RW
Steve Hill /Coming Back to You /Solo Recordings /No Label Records

D.A. Hunt /Greyhound Blues /Sun Blues Story /Indigo

Harmonica Frank Floyd /Howlin' Tom Cat /Sun Blues Story /Indigo

Robert Lockwood /Pearly B /Sweet Home Chicago /Fuel 2000

Sunnyland Slim wi. Robert Lockwood /Leaving your Town /Sweet Home Chicago /Fuel 2000

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Follicle Blues, Artists with Hair Statements"

Eddie Cleanhead Vinson /They Call Me Mr. Cleanhead /Best of the Blues /Pair
H-Bomb Ferguson /Don't Leave Me /Wiggin' Out /Earwig
Gate Adegbalola and Saffire /Silver Beaver /Live Uppity /Alligator
Muddy Waters /Where's My Woman Been /Goin' Way Back /Just a Memory
Cab Calloway /Rooming House Boogie /Boogie Woogie Goodies v2 /Membrane
Little Richard /Goin' Home Tomorrow /Best of VeeJay v5 /Collectables
Bob Corritore /1815 West Roosevelt / and Friends /Delta Groove
Kid Ramos and James Harman /Hittin' the Groove /Double Dynamite v2 /Delta Groove
Rick Estrin and the Night Cats /Callin' All Fools /One Wrong Turn /Alligator

New on the Menu

Hans Theessink and Terry Evans /I Need Money /Delta Time /Blue Groove
Mighty Mo Rodgers /Motor City Blues /Cadillack Jack /MMG
John Lee Hooker Jr. /Hard Times /All Hooked up /self
Tracy Nelson wi. Blues Broads /Walk Away /self titled /Delta Groove

Mr. Nick and the Dirty Tricks /Look But Don't Touch /Oh Wow! /Jellyroll
Mitch Woods /Solid Gold Cadillac /Blues Beyond Borders /Club 88
Magic Slim /I Got Money /Bad Boy /Blind Pig
Corey Lueck /Rooster Blues /It Ain't Easy /HS

Saturday Blue Plate Special  more "Follicle Blues"
Rev. J.M. Gates /Kinky Hair is No Disgrace /Best of /Columbia
Lightnin' Hopkins /Short Haired Woman /Blues Masters v3: Texas /Rhino
Robert Richard /Wig Wearing Woman /Detroit Blues '38-'54 v4 /JSP
Chocolate Williams /Good Story Blues /Midnite Blues Story v2 /Electro-Fi
Ernie K-Doe /Process Blues /Jump 'n Shout /Delmark
Snake Johnson wi Muddy Waters Blues Band /Natural Wig /Mud in Your Ear /Muse
Hound Dog Taylor /Give Me Back My Wig /and the Houserockers /Alligator
James Brewer /Hair Like a Horse's Man /Earwig 16th Anniversay /Earwig
Taildragger /My Head is Bald /Jimmy Dawkins Presents the Leric Story /Delmark
R.L. Burnside /Long Haired Doney /Mississippi Hill Country Blues /Swingmaster
Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets /I Don't Want You Cutting Off Your Hair / That's What They Want /Black Top
John Primer /Give Me Back My Wig /It's a Blues Life /Wolf
TX Johnny Brown /Bad Hair Day /Blues Defender /Choctaw Creek
Slick Ballinger /Wig Hat /Real Blues and Pomade for the Soul /self
Doug MacLeod /$50 Wig /'Dubb' /Black and Tan
Carlos Johnson /High Heeled Sneakers /Live at B.L.U.E.S. on Halsted /P-Vine