PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/15/12

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 15 18:43:59 EDT 2012

My show # 669. "Homesick Blues" was the Saturday Blue Plate Special today, inspired by the recent news that one of my children was homesick and wants to return to the area she grew up in.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
listen live www.uwsp.edu/stuorg.wwsp
September 15, 2012
Muddy Waters /Ramblin' Kid Blues /Completion Plantation Recordings /Chess
Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Homesick Blues"
Big Bill Broonzy /Down in the Basement /Big Bill Blues /Wolf
Barbecue Bob /Poor Boy Long Way from Home /Chocolate to the Bone /Yazoo
Blind Boy Fuller /Homesick and Lonesome Blues /1935-1938 /JSP
T-Bone Walker /Home Town Blues /Capitol and Black and White Recordings /Capitol
R.L. Burnside /Poor Boy /My Black Name a-Ringin' /Genes
Hollywood All-Stars /Long Way from Home /Memphis Blues Bands and Singers - the 80's /HMG
Eddie Taylor /title track /Bad Boy /Wolf
Mitch Kashmar and the Pontiax /title track /100 Miles to Go /Delta Groove
Vaughan Brothers /Long Way from Home /Family Style /Epic
Meantooth Grin /Homeless and Homesick /Before the Devil Knows You're Dead /KAM
John Alex Mason /My Old Lonesome Home /Jook Joint Thunderbird /Naked Jaybird
Ben Waters /Watching the River Flow /Boogie for Stu /Eagle

New on the Menu
Jesse Perry wi. Happy Johnson's Sextet /Jelly, Jelly /Modern Music - the First Year -1945 /Ace
Mae Glover /Baby, No, No! /Sun Blues Story /Indigo
Fat Man Wallace wi. Robert Lockwood /You Got to Stop This Mess /Sweet Home Chicago /Fuel 2000

Hans Theessink and Terry Evans /title track /Delta Time /Blue Groove
Blues Broads /Living the Blues /self titled /Delta Groove

Corey Lueck /Drink by the Sink /It Ain't Easy /HS

Ron Hacker /Death Letter /Live in San Francisco /WTB
Big Walker /Run Nigri, Run /Root Walking /RW

Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band /The Money Goes /Between the Ditches /Side One Dummy
Ian Siegal /Kingfish /Candy Store Kid /Nugene
Sunny Crownover /Roll Me Daddy /Right Here Right Now /Shining Stone

Saturday Blue Plate Special  more "Homesick Blues"
Herman E. Johnson /Poor Boy Long Way from Home /Louisiana Country Blues /Arhoolie
Johnny Nicholas /Prodigal Son's Waltz /Broke Again /Top Cat
Homesick James /Homesick's Blues /Blues on the Southside /Prestige
Lonesome Sundown /One More Night /Been Gone Too Long /Hightone
Henry Johnson /Old Hometown /The Union County Flash /Trix
Big Joe Williams /Delta Blues /And His Nine String Guitar /Smithsionian
Floyd Dixon /Ohh Eee! Ohh Eee! /Marshall Texas is My Home /Specialty
Louis Myers /title track /I'm a Southern Man /Testament
McCarty-Hite Project /My Home Ain't Here /Weekend in Memphis /Inside Memphis
Dave MacKenzie /When I'm in Dixie /Rats in My Bedroom /Hey Baby
Johnny Copeland /Houston /Texas Twistwer /rounder
Omar and the Howlers /title track /Muddy Springs Road /WM
William Clarke /Going Down This Highway /Serious Intentions /Alligator
Tab Benoit /Fever for the Bayou /Night Train to Nashville /Telarc
Alex Schultz /Walkin' and Talkin' /Think About It /Severn
Cash Box Kings /Lost Sheep Blues /Black Night Fallin' /Blue Midnight
Kilborn Alley Blues Band /Thousand Miles /Put it in the Alley /Blue Bella
Seasick Steve /The Banjo Song /Man from Another Time /Ryko
South Memphis String Band /Home Sweet Home /self titled /Memphis International
Hadden Sayers /Take Me Back to Texas /Hard Dollar /Blue Corn
Mike Zito /The Southern Side /Greyhound /Eclecto Groove

New on the Menu

Dave Widow /Second Hand Love/Waiting for the World to End /WM
Jeff Strahan /Less is More /Blue 'til I Die /Squaw Peaks

Jeremiah Johnson Band /Sweet Tea /Brand Spank'n New /self

Mighty Mo Rodgers /Hitch Hiker's Blues /Cadillack Jack /MMG
Mr. Nick and the Dirty Tricks /Hot Damn /Oh Wow! /Jellyroll

Magic Slim /Older Woman /Bad Boy /Blind Pig

Bnois King and Smokin' Joe Kubek /Get Out There and Get It /Close to the Bone /Delta Groove

Rick Holmstrom /Creepin' In /Cruel Sunrise /M.C.