2012 Blues Blast Music Awards.

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@KNOLOGY.NET
Fri Sep 14 15:24:50 EDT 2012

I'm sure this is old news to everyone, but I just checked in on the email
address this came to.

Press Release - Blues Blast Magazine is proud to announce the results of the
2012 Blues Blast Music Awards.

Press Contact - Bob Kieser, info@thebluesblast.com 309 267-4425

In May of this year 30 Blues music industry professionals nominated their
choices in the fifth annual Blues Blast Music Awards. The Blues Blast Music
Awards honor the years best in Blues music in eight categories. Voting began
on July 1st and continued until August 31st. Voting was open to the public
and more than 5,000 Blues fans from all over the world voted in this year's
awards.

The winners were:

Contemporary Blues CD Of The Year  - Janiva Magness - Stronger For It

Traditional Blues CD Of The Year - Mud Morganfield - Son Of The Seventh Son

Song Of The Year - "I Won't Cry" - Janiva Magness & Dave Darling (Stronger
For It - Janiva Magness)

Male Blues Artist Of The Year - Tab Benoit

Female Blues Artist Of The Year - Janiva Magness

Blues Band Of The Year - Trampled Under Foot

New Artist Debut Release - Sena Ehrhardt Band - Leave The Light On

Sean Costello Rising Star Award - Mud Morganfield

Congratulations to this year's winners!

The complete list of 2012 Nominees follows. (* indicates the winner)

Contemporary Blues CD

Eugene "Hideway" Bridges - Rock And A Hard Place

Toronzo Cannon - Leaving Mood

*Janiva Magness - Stronger For It

Billy Thompson - A Better Man

Johnny Sansone - Lord Is Waiting The Devil Is Too

Joe Louis Walker - Hellfire

Traditional Blues CD

Mac Arnold & Plate Full Of Blues - Blues Revival

The Cash Box Kings- Holler And Stomp

Chicago Blues A Living History (Billy Boy Arnold, John Primer, Billy Branch,
Lurrie Bell with Ronnie Baker Brooks, Magic

Slim, James Cotton, Buddy Guy)- The (R)evolution Continues

Big James & The Chicago Playboys - The Big Payback

*Mud Morganfield - Son Of The Seventh Son

Bernie Pearl - Right Side Of The Blues

Sugar Ray And The Bluetones - Evening

Son Of The Year

"Holler And Stomp" - Joe Noseck (Holler & Stomp -The Cash Box Kings)

"Thank You for Giving Me the Blues" - Grady Champion, Zac Harmon & Chris
Troy (Dreamin' - Grady Champion)

"Blinded By The Darkness" - Matthew Curry (If I Don't Got You - Matthew
Curry & The Fury)

"That's How A Woman Loves" - EG Kight (Lip Service - EG Kight)

*"I Won't Cry" - Janiva Magness & Dave Darling (Stronger For It - Janiva
Magness)

"Back to the Blues" - Hadden Sayers (Hard Dollar - Hadden Sayers)

Female Blues Artist Of The Year

Shemekia Copeland

Ruthie Foster

Diunna Greenleaf

EG Kight

*Janiva Magness

Ana Popovic

Male Blues Artist Of the Year

Lurrie Bell

*Tab Benoit

Bob Corritore

John Primer

Bobby Rush

Johnny Sansone

Joe Louis Walker

Blues Band Of The Year

The Cash Box Kings

Big James & The Chicago Playboys

Kilborn Alley

Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperials

Sugar Ray & The Bluetones

*Trampled Under Foot

Best New Artists Debut

Ivan Appelrouth - Blue & Instrumental

Matthew Curry & The Fury - If I Don't Got You

Mary Bridget Davies - Wanna Feel Somethin'

*Sena Ehrhardt Band - Leave The Light On

Big Pete - Choice Cuts

Andy Poxon Band - Red Roots

Sean Costello Rising Star Award

Toronzo Cannon