Johnny Childs On My Blog

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@KNOLOGY.NET
Sun Sep 9 12:43:08 EDT 2012

I agree.  I am not bothered by anyone who promotes their music (and really
think one must do so) but I do think some get too "in your face" or "over
the top" with it.  That is very, very counterproductive.  At least in my
case.

All of the discussion of Mr. Childs that I have encountered has been about
his self-promotion, and not about his music  Maybe that's good for him, but
I don't think so.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM] On Behalf Of
Sonlewis1@AOL.COM
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:25 AM
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: Johnny Childs On My Blog

Although Johnny Childs lives in my area, I don't know him personally but
some common friends tell me he is a really good guy who is working hard at
his  craft while working doubly hard to promote himself and build on his
career...  that being said, I learned a very long time ago (because I am an
old
guy) that  you can't look at other successful musicians with either
admiration or  contempt.  In this industry (and it IS a business if you
choose to look at  it for career aspirations) there are a great many reasons
for success (or the  lack of it).

They once asked a famous baseball manager (Leo Durocher, I think) why the NY
Giants (they used to be in NY) beat is superior Brooklyn Dodgers to the
playoffs... His response was "I have been good and I have been lucky... I
prefer  being lucky".

Successful promotion of a non-mainstream music (and the stream gets
shallower and narrower each year) is difficult and even the most talented
folks can find it a frustrating and unrewarding process.

Son  Lewis
Blues Vocalist/Guitarist
_www.sonlewis.com

In a message dated 9/9/2012 10:40:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,