Johnny Childs On My Blog

Sonlewis1@AOL.COM Sonlewis1@AOL.COM
Sun Sep 9 11:24:50 EDT 2012

Although Johnny Childs lives in my area, I don't know him personally but
some common friends tell me he is a really good guy who is working hard at
his  craft while working doubly hard to promote himself and build on his
career...  that being said, I learned a very long time ago (because I am an old
guy) that  you can't look at other successful musicians with either
admiration or  contempt.  In this industry (and it IS a business if you choose to
look at  it for career aspirations) there are a great many reasons for success
(or the  lack of it).

They once asked a famous baseball manager (Leo Durocher, I think) why the
NY Giants (they used to be in NY) beat is superior Brooklyn Dodgers to the
playoffs... His response was "I have been good and I have been lucky... I
prefer  being lucky".

Successful promotion of a non-mainstream music (and the stream gets
shallower and narrower each year) is difficult and even the most talented folks
can find it a frustrating and unrewarding process.

Son  Lewis
Blues Vocalist/Guitarist
_www.sonlewis.com

In a message dated 9/9/2012 10:40:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,