PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/8/12

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 8 19:00:24 EDT 2012

My show # 668. "88 Blues" was the Saturday Blue Plate Special today as we featured some fine performances on acoustic piano.

Tunes from recently acquired compilations opened the show.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
listen live www.uwsp.edu/stuorg.wwsp
September 9, 2012
Muddy Waters /So Glad I'm Living /Chess box v3 /Chess
 New Collections
James Tisdom /Winehead Swing /Hollywood Blues 1948-1953 /JSP
Haskell Sadler /Everything I Do is Wrong /Hollywood Blues 1948-1953 /JSP
Sonny Boy Holmes /I Got the Blues /Hollywood Blues 1948-1953 /JSP
Mac "Little Son" Willis /Skin and Bone /Hollywood Blues 1948-1953 /JSP
Paula Watson /Pretty Papa Blues /Swing Time Sisters /Night Train
Earl Jackson /Take Out the Squeal /Swing Time Jive /Night Train

Mabel Scott /Good Lookin' Fella /Swing Time Sisters /Night Train
Jack McVea /Swing Man /Swing Time Jive /Night Train

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "88 Blues"
Hersal Thomas /Suitcase Blues /Roots 'n Blues box /Columbia
Pete Johnson wi. Big Joe Turner /Roll 'em Pete /Story of the Blues v2 /Columbia
Sonny Blount wi. Wynonie Harris /Dig This Boogie /1945-1947 /Classics
Clarence Cyphers wi. Jimmy Liggins /Saturday Night Boogie Woogie Man /Rough Weather /Specialty
Gladys Bently hka unknown /I Wonder Who is Boogeying My Woogie Now /Swing Time Sisters /Night Train
Sunnyland Slim /Johnson Machine Gun /Chess Blues v1 /Chess
Cecil Gant /Shotgun Boogie /Boogie Woogie Goodies  v3 /Membrane
Albert Williams wi. Howlin' Wolf /How Many More Years /Memphis Days v2 /Bear Family

New on the Menu
Deanna Bogart /Death Ray Boogie /Pianoland /Blind Pig
Hans Theessink and Terry Evans /Down in Mississippi /Delta Time /Blue Groove
Bnois King and Smokin' Joe Kubek /Get Out There and Get It /Close to the Bone /Delta Groove
Mighty Mo Rodgers /Bring the Fishtail Back /Cadillack Jack /MMG
Mr. Nick and the Dirty Tricks /Exquisite Taste /Oh Wow! /Jellyroll

Ron Hacker /Leavin' Blues /Live in San Francisco /WTB
Jeff Strahan /River's Gonna Rise /Blue 'til I Die /Squaw Peaks

Corey Lueck /Damage Time /It Ain't Easy /HS

Dave Widow /title track /Waiting for the World to End /WM

Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band /I Don't Know /Between the Ditches /Side One Dummy
Rick Holmstrom /Need to Dream /Cruel Sunrise /M.C.

Saturday Blue Plate Special  more "88 Blues"
Stump Johnson /Bound to be a Monkey /Piano Blues of St. Louis /Yazoo
Hadda Brooks /Blues in B Flat /Modern Music - The First Year - 1945 /Ace
Amos Milburn wi. Maxwell Davis /Pot Luck Boogie /Wailin' Daddy v2 /Fantastic Voyage
Unknown wi. Violet Hall /You Better Come Home Baby /Blues for Dootsie /Ace
Lloyd Glenn wi. Lowell Fulson /Baby Won't You Jump with Me /Rhythm and Blues v1 /Membrane
Johnnie Johnson wi. Chuck Berry /Wee Wee Hours /On the Blues Side /Ace
Sunnyland Slim /We Gonna Jump /Blues Anytime! /Evidence
Roosevelt Sykes /The Viper Song /Original Honeydripper /Blind Pig
Boogie Woogie Red /Relaxin' /Live at the Blind Pig /Blind Pig
Pinetop Perkins /Pinetop is Just Top /Boogie Woogie King /Evidence
Fred Kaplan wi. James Harman /My First Crime /More Napkins /Cannonball
Gene Taylor wi. Pete Mayes /Mother-in-Law Blues /For Pete's Sake /Antone's
Bill Heid wi. Johnnie Bassett /Still Can Boogie /Bassett Hound /Fedora
Matt McCabe wi. Sam Myers /My Daily Wish /Hash Brown's Texas Blues Review /Cannonball
Mitch Woods /title track /Big Easy Boogie /Club 88
Barrelhouse Chuck wi. Cash Box Kings /Quesadilla Boogie /I-94 Blues /Blue Bella
Sonny Leyland wi. James Day /Too Many Tattoos /Firecracker /Neon Blue
Ben Waters /Rooming House Boogie /Boogie 4 Stu /Eagle
Rob Rio wi the Mannish Boys /The Hard Way /Double Dynamite /Delta Groove

New on the Menu

Jeremiah Johnson Band /title track /Brand Spank'n New /self

Linsey Alexander /I Had a Dream /Been There, Done That /Delmark

Willie Smith with Roger Hurricane Wilson /Eyesight to the Blind /Live Blues Protected by Smith and Wilson /Blue Storm
Angela Strehli /Two Bit Texas Town /The Bluesbroads /Delta Groove

Michael Burks /Count on You /Show of Strength /Alligator

Magic Slim /Matchbox Blues /Bad Boy /Blind Pig