B.B. King at the Hollywood Bowl

Ricky Stevens deltabluz@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 8 17:23:46 EDT 2012

I saw BB August 22 in Indianola, Mississippi.

It may have been that he was playing for the home folks, but despite attending a street dedication around noon and playing roughly 45 minute festival set in 95 degr4ee heat he still played a solid 90 minutes at Club Ebony that night.  He played well, sang well, then stayed on stage after the shwo where he signed autograps and took pictures with everyone until the crowd was gone.

Was he as sharp as he was 25 or 50 years ago?  Probably not, but an 86 year old diabetic deserves a little lee way.  Did he deliver a high quality professional show and give the audience its money's worth?  Definitely.

Ricky Stevens

Arkabutla, Mississippi