B.B. King at the Hollywood Bowl

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 8 13:19:30 EDT 2012

I saw him here in Montgomery in February and he was noticably weaker than
the last time I had seen him (Biscuit 2010).  I understand the review from
a music critic's point of view, but will say that BB held the audience here
in the palm of his hand.  Even with his diminished capacity, I believe
folks still want to see and hear him and hope he continues to perform for
as long as he is able and willing.

I made a decision back in the nineties that I wasn't going to see him
anymore because I wanted to remember him as he had been in his (relative)
younger days.  I passed up a few opportunities that I wish I hadn't, and I
will not miss any chance I have to see him now.  I feel the same way about
Bobby Blue Bland.  I don't expect to get the same show that I saw in 1992
or '82.  I'm just glad that he is still sharing music with us, and dread
the day that I turn on my computer and find a message that I will never
have the oppotunity again.