PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 10/27/12

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 27 18:32:40 EDT 2012

My show # 672. "Spiders and Snakes" along with other scary treats was the Halloween Saturday Blue Plate Special today.
We also featured a farewell to Nick Curran.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
listen live www.uwsp.edu/stuorg.wwsp
October 27, 2012
Muddy Waters /Mean Red Spider /Rollin' Stone /Chess

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Trick or Treat Blues"
Victoria Spivey /Blood Thirsty Blues /Essential v2 /Classic
Tampa Red /Witchin' Hour Blues /Bluebird Recordings '34-'36 /RCA
Roy Brown /Up Jumped the Devil /Mighty Mighty Man /Ace
Screamin' Jay Hawkins /I Put a Spell on You /Voodoo Scream /Rhino

Screamin' Jay Hawkins /Little Demon /Voodoo Scream /Rhino
Farewell Nick Curran  9/30/77 - 10/6/12
wi. Fabulous Thunderbirds /Postman /Painted On /Tone Cool

wi. Fabulous Thunderbirds /You Torture Me /Painted On /Tone Cool
Nick Curran /title track /Doctor Velvet /Blind Pig

Nick Curran /Lonesome Whistle Blues /Doctor Velvet /Blind Pig
wi. Tenny Tucker /Trouble /First Class Woman /Hot Rod
wi. Juke Logan /Rockin' Like a Wild Child /The Truth will Rock You /Mocombo
wi. Mannish Boys /I'm Tired /Shake for Me /Delta Groove
Nick Curran /The Stalker /Player! /Blind Pig

New on the Menu
Mitch Woods /Boogie Woogie BBQ /Blues Beyond Borders /Club 88

Sunny Crownover /Hi-Heels and Home Cookin' /Right Here Right Now /Shining Stone
Al Basile /Go Back Home to the Blues /At Home /Sweetop

Ben Racine Band /Early Times /One of a Kind /Iguane
Altered Five /Three Wishes /Gotta Earn It /Conclave

Hans Theessink and Terry Evans /Mississippi /Delta Time /Blue Groove

Memphis Gold /Back Po'ch Tennessee /Pickin' in High Cotton /Stackhouse

Michael Bram /Got Love If You Want It /Suitcase in the Hall /Swingnation

Mississippi Heat /Don't Let Me be Misunderstood /Delta Bound /Delmark

Little Elmore Reed /My Love is Here to Stay /self titled /Comanche

No Refund Band /Top Side /self titled /self
Steve Hill /Ain't Wastin' Time No More /Solo Recordings /No Label Records

Big Walker /Can't Take No Train /Root Walking /RW
Red Lotus Revue /Pass This Way /Fourteen Stories /self

Saturday Blue Plate Special  more "Trick or Treat Blues" - Spiders and Snakes
Blind Lemon Jefferson /Black Snake Moan /Blue on Blues /Fuel
Big Joe Williams /Crawlin' Kingsnake /Vol. 1 '35-'41 /Document
Casey Bill Weldon /Spider Blues /Essential /Classic
Robert Lockwood Jr. /Black Spider Blues /Mississippi Blues '35-'51 /Wolf
John Lee Hooker /Crawlin' Black Spider Blues /Best of VeeJay v3 /VeeJay
Johnny Shines /Black Spider Blues /Chicago-the Blues Today v3 /Vanguard
J.D. Short /Louisiana Swamp Rattlesnake /Henry Townsend's Worry Blues /Catfish

Victoria Spivey /Garter Snake Blues /Essential v2 /Classic

New on the Menu
Maria Muldaur /Long as I Can See You Smile /First Came Memphis Minnie /Stony Plain

Lamont Cranston /Bullfrog Boogie Woogie /self titled /High Temperature

Mavis Staples wi. Rick Holmstrom /Lord Please /Cruel Sunrise /M.C.
Govt Mule /Young Man Blues /Georgia Bootleg Box /Evil Teen

Danny Caron /I'm Just a Lucky So and So /Jazz and Blues /self
Blues Broads /River Deep /self titled /Delta Groove

Corey Lueck /title track /It Ain't Easy /HS

Ian Siegal /Kingfish /Candy Store Kid /Nugene
Bnois King and Smokin' Joe Kubek /Keep Her Around /Close to the Bone /Delta Groove
Ann Rabson and Bob Margolin /Let's Go get Stoned /Not Alone /Vizztone

Alvin Lee /Save My Stuff /Still on the Road to Freedom /Rainman