Playlist: Two For The Blues 10/20/2012

Art Schuna aaschuna@WISC.EDU
Sun Oct 21 18:58:25 EDT 2012

Here's last night's show, a pledge drive edition of Two For the Blues.
One song of note, the Southern Tones' It Must Be Jesus was the song
that influenced Ray Charles who borrowed the tune to create I've Got a
Woman.  Two For The Blues broadcasts from 8-10PM Central Time Saturday
nights and may be heard
at www.wortfm.org for those outside of our broadcast range.  The show is
available in the station archive for 2 weeks following broadcast.

Also, check out our new website.  It has a blog for each show and I've
been adding posts with some of the interviews I've done over the years.
There are interviews
with DicK Waterman, Samuel Charters, Bob Koester, Jerry Boogie McCain,
Hubert Sumlin, Honeyboy Edwards and Henry Townsend.

Art

*Two for the Blues* (Music) with Art Schuna 10/20/2012 08:00PM to 10:00PM

*Luther Randolph & Johnny Stiles* "CROSSROADS" from /Cameo 45/ (7 Inch)
on _cameo_

*Rocky Roberts and The Airdales* "T. Bird" from /Dr. Boogie Presents
Wasa Wasa (Fabulous Rhythm'n' Blues Shakers on the Dancefloor 1952 -
1968)/ (2010) on _Sub Rosa_

*Arthur Conley* "Funky Street" from /Sweet Soul Music: Best of Arthur
Conley/ on _Ichiban_

*Dee Clark* "Crossfire Time" from /Dr. Boogie Presents Wasa Wasa
(Fabulous Rhythm'n' Blues Shakers on the Dancefloor 1952 - 1968)/ (2010)
on _Sub Rosa_

*The Southern Tones* "It Must Be Jesus" from /Texas Gospel Vol. 2:Be
What You Are/ on _Acrobat Music Group Ltd._

*Ray Charles* "I've Got a Woman" from /Pure Genius/ on _Atlantic_ (USa)

*George "Harmonica" Smith & The Chicago Blues Band* "MELLOW DOWN EASY"
from /Blues With a Feeling - A Tribute to Little Walter/ (LP, 2012) on
_World Pacific Records_ Request

*George Harmonica Smith & Bacon Fat* "Blues With A Feeling" from /George
Smith & Bacon Fat: Complete Blue Horizon Sessions/ on _SONY/BMG_ Request

*Little Walter And His Jukes* "My Babe" from /Complete Chess Masters/ on
_MCA_ (US)

*Lightnin' Hopkins* "Let Me Play With Your Poodle" from /The Complete
Aladdin Recordings/ (CD, 1991) on _EMI_

*Goree Carter* "Rock Awhile" from /Boogie Uproar Vol. 3/ (CD) on _JSP
Records_

*Pete "Guitar" Lewis* "Chocolate Pork Chop Man" from /He's Got His Big
Ten Inch/ (2009) on _Indigo_

*Johnny "Guitar" Watson* "Three Hours Past Midnight" from /Three Hours
Past Midnight/ on _Flair_

*Buddy Guy* "The First Time I Met The Blues" from /Can't Quit The Blues
Disc 3/ on _Silvertone_ (UK)

*Freddie King* "Have You Ever Loved A Woman" from /Taking Care of
Business Disc 1/ on _Bear Family_ (Germany)

*Elmore James* "Hawaiian Boogie" from /The Classic Early Recordings/ on
_Ace_ (UK)

*John Lee Hooker* "BOOM BOOM" from /Hooker Disc 2/ (CD, 2006) on _Shout
Factory_ (US)

*Hound Dog Taylor & The HouseRockers* "Give Me Back My Wig" from /Hound
Dog Taylor and The HouseRockers/ (1971) on _Alligator Records_ (USA)

*Albert King* "Crosscut Saw" from /Thursday Night in San Francisco/ on
_Stax_ (USA)

*T-Bone Walker* "How Long Blues" from /Texas Guitar From Dallas To L.A./
(LP, 1959) on _Atlantic_ (USa)

*B.B. King* "Lucille Talks Back" from /Ladies & Gentlemen...Mr. B.B.
King/ on _Universal_ (USA) New

*B.B. King* "Sweet Sixteen Parts 1&2 Live" from /Ladies &
Gentlemen....Mr. B.B. King/ on _Universal_ (USA) New

*Hank Ballard & The Midnighters* "Look At Little Sister" from /Nothing
But Good/ on _Bear Family_ (Germany)

*Little Willie John* "Need Your Love So Bad" from /The Early King
Sessions/ on _Ace_ (UK)

*Bettye LaVette* "Everything Is Broken" from /Thankful n' Thoughtful/ on
_Anti_ (USA) New