PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 5/26/12

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 26 19:02:52 EDT 2012

My show # 655. The Saturday Blue Plate Special was blues for Decoration Day  - "Jacob's Join Blues". Jacobs Join has evolved into today's pot luck dinner, and was practised after the Civil War by Freedmen to commemorate the fallen Union soldiers who died in the South for their freedom.  They would decorate the soldier's graves in the cemetary and lay out blankets to set food upon to be shared by all who came to participate.
We also said  farewell to Carrie Smith.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
May 26, 2012
Muddy Waters /Clouds in My Heart King Bee /Epic Legacy
Farewell Carrie Smith 8/25/41 - 5/20/12
Carrie Smith /When I've Been Drinkin' /Confessin' the Blues /Evidence
Carrie Smith /Do Your Duty /Confessin' the Blues /Evidence
Carrie Smith /title track /Confessin' the Blues /Evidence

Saturday Blue Plate Special   Blues for Decoration Day, "Jacobs Join Blues"
Hill Country Blues
Elam McKnight /Three Legged Dog /Braid My Hair /Black Hand
All Night Long Band /Still on This Side of the Dirt /Ain't Gonna Stop /self
John Alex Mason /Write Me a Few of Your Lines /Jook Joint Thunderclap /Naked Jaybird
Moreland, Arbuckle and Floyd /Locomotive /Floyd's Market /self
Seasick Steve /Happy to Have a Job /Man from Another Time /Ryko
Ian Siegal /Hound Dog in the Manger /The Skinny /Nugene
Electric Delta Blues
Daniel Slick Ballinger /Wig Hat /Real Blues and Pomade for the Soul /demo
Big T and Junebug /Catfish Blues /Meet Me in the Cotton Field /Broke and Hungry
Daddy Rich /Boogie Man /Clarksdale /self
Willie King /Troubles to the Wind /Jukin' at Betties /Freedom Creek
Homemade Jamz Blues Band /Penny Waitin' on Change /Pay Me No Mind /Northern Blues
Blind Mississippi Morris /Hurry Sundown /Bad to Worse /Boogie BBQ
Jelly Roll Kings /Something on Your Mind /Rockin' the Juke Joint Down /Earwig
Howlin' Wolf /Oh Baby, Hold Me /Real Folk Blues /Chess

New on the Menu

Rockin' Johnny Band /Somebody Loan Me a Dime /Grim Reaper /Delmark

Enrico Crivellaro /Black Out/Freewheelin' /Electro-Fi

Nighthawks /Minimum Wage /Damn Good Time /Severn

Walter Trout /Money Rules the World /Blues for the Modern Daze /Provogue

Eric Bibb /Dig a Little Deeper in the Well /Deeper in the Well /Stony Plain

Quintis McCormick /I Gotta Go /Still Called the Blues /Delmark

Tab Benoit /Whiskey Store /Legacy: Best of /Telarc

Strata-Tones /Did You Ever /Dressed Up to Fess Up /Fruition

Al Lerman /Blues so Bad I Could Write a Country Song /Crowe River Blues /self

Phantom Blues Band /Change /Inside Out /Vizztone
Grady Champion /Let Me Be /Shanachie Days /GSM
Paul Rishell /Louise /Talking Guitar /Mojo Rodeo
Chuck Leavell /Mean Mistreater /Back to the Woods /Evergreen Arts
24th Street Wailers /Love Triangle /Unshakeable /24th

Tweed Funk /All Over You /Love Is /Tweed Tone

Pinetop Perkins /Four O'Clock in the Morning /Heaven /Blind Pig

Billy Boy Arnold /Just a Dream /Sings Big Bill Broonzy /Electro-Fi

RJ Mischo /Trouble Belt /Make It Good /Delta Groove

The 44s /Mr. Operator /Americana /Rip Cat
Mannish Boys /Hittin' the Groove /Double Dynamite /Delta Groove

The Organgrinders /On the Other Side /Paddy Waggin' /Party with the Monkey

Gary Primich /Bad Dog /Just a Little Bit More /Old Pal
Shakura S'Aida /GeeChee Woman /Time... /Electro-Fi
Brad Hatfield /Witness to My Misery /Uphill from Anywhere /self

Saturday Blue Plate Special   more Blues for Decoration Day,  Blues for a Jacobs Join
Texas Blues
Lightnin' Hopkins /Sittin' Down Thinkin'/ Herald Sessions /Buddha
Jimmie Vaughan /Slow Dance Blues /Do You Get the Blues? /Artemis
Johnny Nicholas /Curb Your Dog /Broke Again /Top Cat
Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets /Jungle /Which Way is Texas? /Bullseye
Hadden Sayers /Room 155 /Hard Dollar /Blue Corn
Albert Collins /I Ain't Drunk /Cold Snap /Alligator
Doyle Bramhall /Change It /Bird Nest on the Ground /Antone's
Fabulous Thunderbirds /Marked Deck /Girls Go Wild /Benchmark
Mike Morgan and the Crawl /Cold Wind /The road /Black Top
Johnny Winter /Good Morning Little Schoolgirl /self titled /Columbia
Little Joe Washington /How Long /Houston Guitar Blues /Dialtone
Doug Sahm /Do Something for Me /Last Real Texas Blues Band /Antone's
Stevie Ray Vaughan /Tin Pan Alley /Couldn't Stand the Weather /Epic
Robert Ealey /Rats and Roaches /Texas Blues Party /Wolf
Freddie King /Stormy Monday /My Feeling for the Blues /Atlantic
Diunna Greenleaf wi Jonn Richardson /Double Dealing /self titled /APO
Omar and the Howlers /East Side Blues /Bamboozled