Donald "Duck" Dunn RIP

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Sun May 13 09:11:40 EDT 2012

Sad news....

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2012/05/13/bass_player_donald_duck_dunn_dies_in_tokyo/

>From Steve Cropper's FB page: "Today I lost my best friend, the World has
lost the best guy and bass player to ever live. Duck Dunn died in his sleep
Sunday morning May 13 in Tokyo Japan after finishing 2 shows at the Blue
Note Night Club."

Cropper and Dunn, both born in 1941, were boyhood friends in Memphis and had
been playing music together since the mid-50's.  Dunn succeeded Lewie
Steinberg in Booker T & the MG's in 1964.  In addition to his work with the
MG's, I'll remember Donald "Duck" Dunn for his playing on /Fathers & Sons/
with Muddy Waters, and/Jammed Together/, a Stax session featuring the
guitars of Albert King, Steve Cropper, and Pop Staples.