NBC: Poll: How do you get most of your commercial music these days

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@msn.com
Tue Jan 31 17:32:00 EST 2012

I  buy it from the venues I listen to the music,like the world of blues.com where all proceeds go directly to the artist and other stations where I buy legally according the other stations route where I believe the albums are bought from the recording studio's where I asume the owners and artists get royalties. I otherwise just be happy to listening to the music.Anyone who steals it,if I tell them that the musicians and recording companies are victims of theft by their  actions and work as hard as anybody to give they're beloved talent for them to enjoy.
If they continue,they no longer are my friends and have nothing to do with them.I have been a victem of this and that's why I ghostwrite.I sell or freely give me writing, and though there are no royaties,and it keeps me poor,at least I know how it will be used.Or not used.Polls are used for statistic which are abused or make up to convince.
                   Yup.

Yup say...Ya dont need to own no shoes to dance the Blues

-----Original Message-----

From: cybergaloot@COMCAST.NET
Sent: 31 Jan 2012 21:57:21 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: NBC: Poll: How do you get most of your commercial music these days

On a forum devoted to recording live music there was a poll that I've found kind of interesting. I think the poll could have been better but it gives a clue what a group that is heavily into music thinks about downloading commercial music for free (stealing).

--
Walter

How do you get most of your commercial music these days and how much of your music is downloaded for free? (Choose as many as apply)
I pay for downloads from services like itunes and I love it (convenience, selection and lower cost) 5 (4.5%)
I pay for downloads from services like itunes mostly because I can't get the music I want anywhere else. 1 (0.9%)
I buy most of my music from music stores (new) because I prefer owning the physical media 17 (15.5%)
I buy most of my commercial music directly from the artists at a show 24 (21.8%)
I buy my music from music stores because I don't own an ipod or MP3 player or I can't figure out how to download 1 (0.9%)
I buy most of my music 'used' off ebay or from a re-seller, like a used CD store 14 (12.7%)
I download commercial music for free from friends or from torrents sites like piratebay (or similar) 9 (8.2%)
I don't buy any commercial or listen to commercial music anymore because I only listen to live taper stuff 9 (8.2%)
I never download free from friends or from torrents because I think it's wrong 6 (5.5%)
I never download free from friends or from torrents because I don't know how or don't have access to friends music 1 (0.9%)
I get commercial music by a combination of downloading for free and paying...but I pay for most of my commercial music 14 (12.7%)
I get commercial music by a combination of downloading for free and paying...but I download most of my commercial music for free 9 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58