NBC: Poll: How do you get most of your commercial music these days

cybergaloot@COMCAST.NET cybergaloot@COMCAST.NET
Tue Jan 31 16:55:00 EST 2012

On a forum devoted to recording live music there was a poll that I've found kind of interesting. I think the poll could have been better but it gives a clue what a group that is heavily into music thinks about downloading commercial music for free (stealing).

--
Walter

How do you get most of your commercial music these days and how much of your music is downloaded for free? (Choose as many as apply)
I pay for downloads from services like itunes and I love it (convenience, selection and lower cost) 5 (4.5%)
I pay for downloads from services like itunes mostly because I can't get the music I want anywhere else. 1 (0.9%)
I buy most of my music from music stores (new) because I prefer owning the physical media 17 (15.5%)
I buy most of my commercial music directly from the artists at a show 24 (21.8%)
I buy my music from music stores because I don't own an ipod or MP3 player or I can't figure out how to download 1 (0.9%)
I buy most of my music 'used' off ebay or from a re-seller, like a used CD store 14 (12.7%)
I download commercial music for free from friends or from torrents sites like piratebay (or similar) 9 (8.2%)
I don't buy any commercial or listen to commercial music anymore because I only listen to live taper stuff 9 (8.2%)
I never download free from friends or from torrents because I think it's wrong 6 (5.5%)
I never download free from friends or from torrents because I don't know how or don't have access to friends music 1 (0.9%)
I get commercial music by a combination of downloading for free and paying...but I pay for most of my commercial music 14 (12.7%)
I get commercial music by a combination of downloading for free and paying...but I download most of my commercial music for free 9 (8.2%)