NYT - Folklorist's Global Jukebox Goes Digital

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@msn.com
Tue Jan 31 16:03:38 EST 2012

Anything stolen by feds creates a path.Follow that same path to Steal it back.That or find something to extort them with information of the evil things that they do.Ya'll need help I can do it .It will put a humvee outside my hovel.But in my neighborhood, the folk will find ways to overcome.We are very good at that.

Yup say...Ya dont need to own no shoes to dance the Blues

-----Original Message-----

From: Jimmy Jacobs
Sent: 31 Jan 2012 20:24:37 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: NYT - Folklorist's Global Jukebox Goes Digital

I don't know much about Lomax although I've read accounts that he was a real
bastard.  I've also seen a few accounts from some who seem to apologize for
his conduct in favor of his "contributions".

Since the recordings are in the LOC and the public domain, I think it is
positive thing that they will be more readily accessible to the public.