NYT - Folklorist's Global Jukebox Goes Digital

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 31 14:39:23 EST 2012

I don't know much about Lomax although I've read accounts that he was a real
bastard.  I've also seen a few accounts from some who seem to apologize for
his conduct in favor of his "contributions".

Since the recordings are in the LOC and the public domain, I think it is
positive thing that they will be more readily accessible to the public.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues Music List [mailto:BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM] On Behalf Of
Sonlewis1@AOL.COM
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:49 PM
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: NYT - Folklorist's Global Jukebox Goes Digital

Musicians aren't in play on this one... Only the Federal Government... THEY
(via Library of Congress) own all the copyrrights to Lomax's field work.
The initial copyrights occurred when LOC (via Lomax) transfered the live
performance to the wax master (fixed permanent medium) owned lock stock and
barrel by Big Government...

Son  Lewis
Blues Vocalist/Guitarist
_www.sonlewis.com_ (http://www.sonlewis.com/)
_http://www.youtube.com/silkcitycd_ (http://www.youtube.com/silkcitycd)

In a message dated 1/31/2012 1:35:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,