NYT - Folklorist's Global Jukebox Goes Digital

cybergaloot@COMCAST.NET cybergaloot@COMCAST.NET
Tue Jan 31 12:11:52 EST 2012

I don't like his treatment of John Work and the others from Fisk University.
--
Walter

----- Original Message -----
From: jinxblues@AOL.COM
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:06:14 AM
Subject: Re: NYT - Folklorist's Global Jukebox Goes Digital

Here's something I've never been able to understand... an enormous quantity of
these recordings were "made for hire" for the Library of Congress, in other
words, paid for by the U.S. Government, and therefore owned by the citizens of
the United States. I don't understand how he, or his heirs, can ever claim
ownership of this stuff.

Don't get me started on that, OK?

Just don't get me started down that path . . .

Then we'd have to discuss his hundred CDs on Rounder made from that material . . .

There are "many" of us who believe that the more you know about Alan Lomax, the less there is to like . . .

Dick Waterman
1601 Buchanan Avenue
Oxford, MS 38655