PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/28/12

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 28 19:10:14 EST 2012

My show # 640. The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 3 of a listen to albums we particularly enjoyed in 2011. Also, continued farewells to Johnny Otis and Etta James.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
January 28, 2012
Muddy Waters /Take the Bitter with the Sweet /Trouble No More /Chess

Johnny Otis /Goomp Blues /West Coast Guitar Killers v1 /El Segundo
Johnny Otis /Willie and the Hand Jive /Live at Monterey! /Epic
Esther Phillips wi. Johnny Otis /Esther's Blues /Live at Monterey! /Epic

Farewell Etta James

Etta James /title track /At Last /Chess
Etta James /I Wish Someone Would Care /Sweetest Peaches v1 '60-'66/Chess

Etta James /I'd Rather Go Blind /Chess Blues box v4 /Chess

Etta James /The Sky is Crying /Blues to the Bone /RCA Victor

Etta James /Take it to the Limit /Live from San Francisco /On the Spot

Etta James /Hoochie Coochie Gal /Life, Love and the Blues /Windham Hill

Etta James /Gotta Serve Somebody /Matriarch of the Blues /Private Music

Etta James /A Change is Gonna do Me Good /Let's Roll /Private Music

New on the Menu
Joel DaSilva /Boogie Real Low /and the Midnight Howl /self
Brian Lee and the Orbiters /title track /Identity Theft /Open Century

Dion /Ride's Blues /Tank Full of Blues /Blue Horizon

Sharon Lewis /Blues Train /The Real Deal /Delmark

Omar Coleman /Crazy Mixed Up World /West Side Wiggle /Honeybee
Mac Arnold /Screamin' and Cryin' /Live at the Grey Eagle /Vizztone
Omar and the Howlers /Muddy Springs Road /Essential Collection v1 /Ruf
Jumpin' Jack Benny /title track /I'll be Alright /Boppin'
Tommy Lee Cook /Certified Fool /Mailbox Money /Two Mules

Joe Louis Walker /Too Drunk to Drive Drunk /Hellfire /Alligator
Microwave Dave /Drinkin' Wine Since Nine /Last Time I Saw You /self
Lisa Mills /Tennessee Tears /Tempered in Fire /Mills Bluz

Saturday Blue Plate Special "Papa's Picks 2011" part 3
Rich del Grosso and Jonn Richardson /Shotgun Blues /Time Slips on By /Mandolin Blues

Rich del Grosso and Jonn Richardson /title track /Time Slips on By /Mandolin Blues
Rory Block /Good Morning Little Schoolgirl /Shake 'em on Down /Stony Plain
Rory Block /Ancestral Home /Shake 'em on Down /Stony Plain
Grana' Louise /Where You Been? /Gettin' Kinda Rough! /Delmark

Grana' Louise /Hey Joe /Gettin' Kinda Rough! /Delmark
Roomful of Blues /Time Brings About a Change /Hook, Line and Sinker /Alligator
Roomful of Blues /It /Hook, Line and Sinker /Alligator
Duke Robillard /Do Unto Others /Low Down and Tore Up /Stony Plain

Duke Robillard /I Ain't Mad at You, Pretty Baby /Low Down and Tore Up /Stony Plain
Mike Zito /Roll On /Greyhound /Eclecto Groove

Mike Zito /title track /Greyhound /Eclecto Groove
Fillmore Slim /Minding My Own Business /Walkin' Blues /Mountain Top
Johnny Ace /Solid Sender /Walkin' Blues /Mountain Top

New on the Menu
Sharrie Williams /City Limits Musicians /Out of the Dark /Electro-Fi
Suzanne and the Blues Church /Poor Man's Dream /The Cost of Love /Gorgeous Tone
Sean Costello /You're Killing My Love /At His Best - Live /LandSlide
Ruthie Foster /Aim for the Heart /Let it Burn /Blue Corn
Mary Bridget Davies /Your Kinda Love /Wanna Feel Somethin' /self
David Maxwell /Off the Cuff /Conversations in Blue /Circumstantial
Etta James /That's the Chance You Take /The Dreamer /Verve Forecast